• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandparents can't see Deceased son's kids

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kalinda

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? MD My brother died 3 years ago and left 2 small children behind that are being raised by his wife. She has decided that my family can not see the children. She will not allow phone contact, letters or visitation. I am not as concerned about not seeing the children as I am my parent's not seeing them. Both of my brother's died. These two children are the only grandchildren they have and the only connection any of my family has to my brother. My sister-in-law is downright mean when it comes to my family. She has sworn at us and said the most hateful and hurtful things. My father is 76 years old and recently had quadruple bi-pass. I want my parents to know their grandchildren before they are no longer around. The kids are now 8 & 9 years old. While my brother was alive, my parents would see them on a weekly basis. After he died, they got to see them on a monthly basis. Now, they have not been able to see them for 7 months and have not been allowed to call at all. She will not allow the kids to answer the phone and she will also not answer it - or if she does, she hangs up. We do not believe that letters get to the kids. Any help would be great! Don't really know where to go or how to pursue this. There is a lot more information on this. but don't know how much detail to put in here.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

kalinda said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? MD My brother died 3 years ago and left 2 small children behind that are being raised by his wife. She has decided that my family can not see the children. She will not allow phone contact, letters or visitation. I am not as concerned about not seeing the children as I am my parent's not seeing them. Both of my brother's died. These two children are the only grandchildren they have and the only connection any of my family has to my brother. My sister-in-law is downright mean when it comes to my family. She has sworn at us and said the most hateful and hurtful things. My father is 76 years old and recently had quadruple bi-pass. I want my parents to know their grandchildren before they are no longer around. The kids are now 8 & 9 years old. While my brother was alive, my parents would see them on a weekly basis. After he died, they got to see them on a monthly basis. Now, they have not been able to see them for 7 months and have not been allowed to call at all. She will not allow the kids to answer the phone and she will also not answer it - or if she does, she hangs up. We do not believe that letters get to the kids. Any help would be great! Don't really know where to go or how to pursue this. There is a lot more information on this. but don't know how much detail to put in here.

My response:

See a Family law attorney to determine if you can obtain "third party visitation" rights.

IAAL

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
sigh.... this is one of those situations that I always find so tragic, and can easily see my own parents in should anything happen to me. Please follow IAAL's advice and speak with an attorney. Best of luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">