• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

grandparents rights ohio

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1st thing, my daughters father is in the army, you dont get demoted unless you there is a PROVEN REASON for the demotion and you get an hearing/conference in front of your superior officers.

2nd thing....unless this child is being ABUSED AND YOU CAN PROVE IT, dont know what to tell you....but legally if you pursue your case and it gets tossed....you are not going to see this kid again and you will have effectively turned you own child against you, what adult in their right mind could EVER forgive their own parent for putting them thru something like that??....

you must like gambling b/c you seem to want to take a big chance here.....hope in the end its worth it.....
I second it.:D

lkdhope

OP, instead of utilizing your time on a mission of vengeance against mom, why not put forth some effort in learning how to best promote a nurturing and fulfilling relationship w/mom, grandchild and your son.... Just for a moment put aside your angst or whatever it is in relationship to how you are not in approval of how mom and dad are raising their child. Put a little focus on learning how to be an effective grandparent who will be cherished and welcomed into the life of your grandchild..... Forget about what you think your rights are.... what matters is the child and any child flourishes with loving family members around who care and respect one another as opposed to only creating hardships for one another. Your child rearing days are over.... take a look around, do some googling on how to be an effective grandparent instead of how best to screw-up your grandchild's life by making demands that suit your needs. Here's just one little article that may be helpful. There are plenty of others... Don't do a search on grandparents rights, do a search on how to be a good grandparent.... Good Luck!

http://www.parentsrights.net/uploads/Role_of_Grandparents.pdf

Here are just two more portions of helpful articles that can be found on the web pertaining to how to be a good grandparent.... and yes, you will find these posted on various grandparent websites. There are plenty more out there.... Use your heart, not vengeance or feelings of how you should be able to control everything. Get a grip and do what is best for your grandchild... Be a positive figure in their life by trying to foster a good relationship with the child's parents.

Respect the new parents. Your grandchildren will be fine. After all, you raised one of their parents. Instead of criticizing or correcting decisions and lifestyles, give your advice only when asked. All parents deserve the right to do things their own way, and just as you wanted to raise your children without interference, so will your son and his wife.

5. Do not criticize, especially your child's significant other. What you might think is helpful advice might be perceived by them as veiled criticism and affecting your relationship with them.

Last edited:

deseree

grandparents rights-ohio

as far as the demotion, son didnt go to his hearing and didnt follow procedure he was told to from his superior.
so they demoted him from Lclp status he is a marine.
My husband and I have tried to apologize and make good with the daughter in law she wants no part of it, and telling our son a different story.

deseree

as far as the demotion, son didnt go to his hearing and didnt follow procedure he was told to from his superior.
My husband and I have tried to apologize and make good with the daughter in law she wants no part of it, and telling our son a different story.
I just lost both my parents within the last 3 months and wanted my son and daughter in law and grandaughter to be around but the daughter in law said no way. and the son does what the wife says even though when she is not aroung he tells his father how miserable he is....
so I believe alot of issue in that family..

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
So your son is an idiot and didn't do what he was supposed to do thus he got demoted. You then decide to blame it all on your daughter in law and post about HER on a public site blaming her for everything.

I just lost both my parents within the last 3 months and wanted my son and daughter in law and grandaughter to be around but the daughter in law said no way. and the son does what the wife says even though when she is not aroung he tells his father how miserable he is....
so I believe alot of issue in that family..
YOu then continue with the above diatribe about how YOUR SON is miserable yet apparently not. YOUR SON is CHOOSING to stay with HIS wife and agree with her. Understand this -- grandparents are NOT a necessity in a child's life. YOU have NO RIGHTS to a relationship.

If you really wnated to make amends you would quit badmouthing your daughter in law all over the internet, eat some crow and swallow your pride and actually become sincerely contrite about your pathetic behavior. Then -- MAYBE -- you might find that you would be allowed LIMITED contact with your grandchild.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">