• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandparents rights in Oregon

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Random411

What is the name of your state? Oregon

Hello,

This is kind of a complicated story so i will try to make it simple. Basicly my main question is, Does my Father have legal rights to petition a court for visitation rights to visit his grandchildren?

Here is the some what complicated story.

The 2 grand kids in question are my sisters 2 girls. My sister whom was unable to take care of them herself, gave them to my Aunt to raise. My Aunt whom is raising the children is currently not getting along with her Brother (my Father). My Father would still like to be in the childrens lives but my Aunt is unwilling to let him see them.

Please let me know =)

Random411

azgrandpa

Of course, your father has the right to petition the court for visitation. But, no more than a stranger would have!

Now here's where a big problem might be lurking! If your aunt is raising the children without the court's blessing; then, when your father puts this issue before the court; it will probably be brought to the attention of state officials, such as Child Protective Services, and the whole thing could end up with the kids going to a foster home!

Best to work things out between father and aunt so this can of worms doesn't get opened!!

Random411

Thank you very much for the reply. I have spoken with my Father and since one of the two girls is not legally adopted he does not want to go the route of the court. So for now I guess no one is talking, hopefully some time can change all that. Thanks again for the advice =)

Random411

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">