• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Guardianship and Grandparent Visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Frustrated44

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

My son was in an accident which killed his wife. He has gotten in trouble with the law and was in jail for a short period. His father in law blind sided me for guardianship in court so he was prepared and we werent. He received temporary guardianship with me and my ex having weekend visitation.

My son got out of jail two months ago and we hired an attorney to get his daughter back. An agreement was signed that he had to take random drug tests and pass certain hurdles and would gradually get more time back with his daughter. He was well on his way but is now being charged with the death of his wife. He will be going back to jail.

The current agreement did not specify anything would be terminated if he went to jail. The father in law is now allowing us to see our granddaughter. Prior to signing the last agreement I mentioned to our attorney there was no information listed in the agreement that if anything changed we were to return to the original visitation schedule. He told me not to worry about it....Now I have to as the father in law is refusing to allow us to see her. I want to file papers without an attorney to force him to again allow us to see her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">