• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help N.C. Grandparents trying to get our grand daughter in N.Y

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gary7

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nc But Fighting Ny.
Grand daughter is in a gaurdian situation in NY and we need help fighting an artical 10 any info????

Gary7

Half great uncle> we moved to nc my stepdaughter had our grand daughter taken away. we got a call fromm dss but befor we could get ther hrs temp gaurdinship given to step daughters maturnal father then taken away form him. dss called us agaian gdidnt give time to go to ny from nc gave temp gaurdianship to maturnal fathers half brother.
we filed a patition for gaurdian ship and the half great uncle also faild 1 drug test and had 2 dilute drug tests. but since at that time my step daughter was still not thinking correctly she said she would rather the half great uncle care for our grand daughter and not us. but now my step daughter has been in treatment for about 3 months and she is seeing clearly we need to find out how to change this situation. she has not lost her parental rights yet.

Last edited:

Proserpina

Half great uncle> we moved to nc my stepdaughter had our grand daughter taken away. we got a call fromm dss but befor we could get ther hrs temp gaurdinship given to step daughters maturnal father then taken away form him. dss called us agaian gdidnt give time to go to ny from nc gave temp gaurdianship to maturnal fathers half brother.

That's likely because NY is going to be reluctant to allow the child to be taken out of State.

You seriously need an attorney if you're going to fight this.

Gary7

had a lawer we grandparent rights and are going to ny becuse it is being violated for a year now and we will repetition for gaurdianship.

Proserpina

had a lawer we grandparent rights and are going to ny becuse it is being violated for a year now and we will repetition for gaurdianship.

What rights do you believe you have?

Please try to help us help you - if you can use decent punctuation and grammar, it makes the posts easier to understand.

Also, we need a timeline.

WHEN was the child removed from the care of the parents?

Where is the other parent?

What do the most current orders say and when were they made?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">