• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do grandparents rights work in PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

momoftimnleah

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

Little background. I was married to my ex husband for a few months short of 11 years. We have two children together. We live in the same town, about 10 minutes apart. The children have always lived with me. We live in the marital home. The ex lives with his parents in their home. There is no custody agreement. The ex refuses to sign anything.

Today, his mom told me that they talked about going for grandparents visitation. I offered for them to get the kids for visits. They do not get them. They really haven't seen them in almost a year. Since August, when Tim and I split for good, he's had them TWICE, that was in February. They have come to ONE of Timmy's baseball games (none of Leah's), ONE football game for both kids, and ONE music concert. Since August. They have not celebrated any holidays with them. Neither has their dad.

I guess what I'm asking is what is the likelihood that something would be ordered? They really have no relationship with their grandparents now. I have offered them time to see them, but they turned it down, because my ex didn't want them to get the kids.

momoftimnleah

Also forgot, we had lived away from the grandparents since our oldest was 10 months old. He's ten and a half. We had lived in NC until almost 3 years ago.

When we came back to PA, it was 8/08. They didn't see the children until 7/09 (grandparents' choice). Saw them a few times. Then, didn't see them again until 4/10. We lived with them for 2 months, then the children didn't see the grandparents but a few times until 8/10, when ex and I split.

Rushia

Even though you are in one of the most friendly GPV states, I'd say that they have a slim chance of gaining an order. Since the children's father lives with them, they can visit with the children when HE is visiting with them.

ecmst12

If they won't even pick the kids up for a visit what makes you think they would go to the trouble of a lawsuit?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">