• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i need help quick

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lag24

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? missouri , first of all it all started with a stupid confersation on a web page my daughters boyfriend and his sister butted in and started it and then i asked them politly to butt out it was between her and her grandmother,, next thing i know im getting threated to have cops called on me and not being able to see my daughter and grandson that is almost 2 and he lived with me for his first year, and was told i was not allowed to see the new baby that will be born in oct, the grandson is not the boyfriends son,,,, my daughter has told me back in april when she was thinking about leaving him about how she was tired of paying for everything, and didn't have clothes and all for her son because boyfriend would not let her, so we bought clothes for him and alot of other things she has told me and her grandmother , so we bring those things up to him in confersation,( i do have everything printed out on paper) we did our part being an adult and said we were sorry and he wont give and they both say we can not be part of those childrens lives,,,, she is telling lies now and making things up , i have several people that knows the truth, what are my rights to my grandchildren

BL

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? missouri , first of all it all started with a stupid confersation on a web page my daughters boyfriend and his sister butted in and started it and then i asked them politly to butt out it was between her and her grandmother,, next thing i know im getting threated to have cops called on me and not being able to see my daughter and grandson that is almost 2 and he lived with me for his first year, and was told i was not allowed to see the new baby that will be born in oct, the grandson is not the boyfriends son,,,, my daughter has told me back in april when she was thinking about leaving him about how she was tired of paying for everything, and didn't have clothes and all for her son because boyfriend would not let her, so we bought clothes for him and alot of other things she has told me and her grandmother , so we bring those things up to him in confersation,( i do have everything printed out on paper) we did our part being an adult and said we were sorry and he wont give and they both say we can not be part of those childrens lives,,,, she is telling lies now and making things up , i have several people that knows the truth, what are my rights to my grandchildren
That's the trouble with these social sites .One can sit alone behind a keyboard and vent . Then what happens ?

You got it .

Your rights ? Most likely none .

Perhaps if you back off a while and be nice and silent , daughter might approach you again .

what are my rights to my grandchildren
Grandparents have no inherent rights to their grandchildren. Grandparents only have the option of suing for visitation, nothing more, nothing less. This will cost thousands and thousands of dollars, cause you to drag your daughter and your grandchild(ren) into a long and drawn out court process which is the equivalent of court rape; her entire life will be turned upside down, evaluated, every little thing she does with her children and you do with them will be recorded. After all of this... you aren't even guaranteed you'll win visitation. If you win, you'll most likely never have a relationship with your daughter again, and it'll never be a natural relationship bond with your grandchild(ren). It will be forced, their mothers resentment WILL show.

If you lose? Your daughter will most likely never speak to you again for putting her and her child(ren) thru the ringer of court, the legal fees she racked up, all to protect HER RIGHTS as their parent to make decisions regarding the care, custody, and control of her children.

My suggestion? Send an apology letter, beg forgiveness, and offer to help with the kids if she ever needs it. Send presents once in a while, cards, and wait for her to come to you. Be grandma, and butt out of anything else unless your grandchild(ren) are in immediate danger. These are her children.

This is the cheaper, and less intrusive route which offers the best outcomes.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Perhaps if you back off a while and be nice and silent , daughter might approach you again .
I agree, grand-babies can sometimes help heal wounds between children and their parents, if both will allow it.

lag24

we have apoligized even though we know we didn't do anything wrong and tried to be adult about it ,, boyfriend keeps making threats,,, we believe he is controling on what she says he has been known from past relationships, he does't like his girlfriends family involved, i have talked to them and they had to get an exparte to leave him, and i believe he is contoling my daughter cause i know she would not say those things to me and especially her grandmother he tried this also back in feb when we took my daughter and grandsons stuff to her cause she just moved in with him, and next thing i know he made her call us and tell us that if we show up there again, he would have us arrested, and back then we liked him we did nothing but bring my daughter and grandsons things to them like his crib, and her personal items,,

lag24

and his family is the one that butted in the confersation to begin with it was a family confersation and they were rude, so i asked them politly to butt out and then im being threated, all i did was defend my mother nicely

lag24

im waiting now to talk to the grandsons father when he gets home from national gaurd, and see what he can do , we get along great, and he knows how she is , i know he will let me see the grandson , and i know my daughter would too if it wasn't for her controlling boyfriend,,

Proserpina

and his family is the one that butted in the confersation to begin with it was a family confersation and they were rude, so i asked them politly to butt out and then im being threated, all i did was defend my mother nicely

So basically, you did the exact same thing that you're accusing them of doing.

In my humble opinion, you all need to take several steps back, grow up a little and have some buttered crumpets in the meantime.

You do NOT have, as far as I can see, anything close to a viable case for grandparent visitation.

If either LEGAL parent allows you to visit the child during their parenting time, that's what you should be aiming for.

BL

You can edit your post instead of making multiple add on post in a row .

BTW this is not a social site where people post that way .

Your legal question was answered .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">