• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I want custody of my granddaughter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spideymonk87

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
I have a 20 year old daughter that I feel is not providing my granddaughter with the proper care she needs. She moves around anywhere she can with friends or relatives with her child and her boyfriend. They have been having problems with staying somewhere because of her boyfriend, and since now everyone doesnt like him because he uses drugs and doesnt work. She asks everyone if she could live with them but once someone says no to her boyfriend she says no for her or her daughter to stay. I have seen bruises on her and my granddaughter and she tells me it was other children who did it but it was so many. We dont want to take great measures because her boyfriend has already threaten the family if we do, so my question is how can I take my granddaughter away?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
I have a 20 year old daughter that I feel is not providing my granddaughter with the proper care she needs. She moves around anywhere she can with friends or relatives with her child and her boyfriend. They have been having problems with staying somewhere because of her boyfriend, and since now everyone doesnt like him because he uses drugs and doesnt work. She asks everyone if she could live with them but once someone says no to her boyfriend she says no for her or her daughter to stay. I have seen bruises on her and my granddaughter and she tells me it was other children who did it but it was so many. We dont want to take great measures because her boyfriend has already threaten the family if we do, so my question is how can I take my granddaughter away?
You don't. If you think the child is being abused contact CPS.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">