• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

kamersu , Why did you delete your thread?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MomofBoys

I think the question of whether there were other kids involved was key. I think the person who said they know the original poster was who they said they were (meaning they DID in fact know the story... as to who was being more truthful, I cannot say, but the fact that she deleted the thread speaks volumes), and there was something that the OP didn't want discussed further. I sure don't care about whether the Dad cheated, blah blah. That's neither here nor there. But the question was, did the Grandmother have a case for rights, and the answer was yes.

If the child really does have other siblings, then the courts in NC will probably want to make sure those children have a relationship with eachother. And they will take into consideration what type of interaction the mother's family would have had with the child if she had not died. Even without leaving a will, her intentions would be pretty easy to prove. Did she have an established relationship with her family, and did she intend to keep the child? Those two things would answer the question.

I have to say though, I don't think the fact that she posted questions on an annomous forum will hold any weight in the visitation issue. She was just looking for information.

kamersu

I think the question of whether there were other kids involved was key. I think the person who said they know the original poster was who they said they were (meaning they DID in fact know the story... as to who was being more truthful, I cannot say, but the fact that she deleted the thread speaks volumes), and there was something that the OP didn't want discussed further. I sure don't care about whether the Dad cheated, blah blah. That's neither here nor there. But the question was, did the Grandmother have a case for rights, and the answer was yes.

If the child really does have other siblings, then the courts in NC will probably want to make sure those children have a relationship with eachother. And they will take into consideration what type of interaction the mother's family would have had with the child if she had not died. Even without leaving a will, her intentions would be pretty easy to prove. Did she have an established relationship with her family, and did she intend to keep the child? Those two things would answer the question.

I have to say though, I don't think the fact that she posted questions on an annomous forum will hold any weight in the visitation issue. She was just looking for information.

you are correct in the statement that the fact that i deleted the thread speaks volumes...it says exactly what the person who claims to know me (and there is a difference between knowing me and knowing who i am) said, its already been printed...but as you said, an annonymous forum would not hold any weight in a court of law.

Just Blue

you are correct in the statement that the fact that i deleted the thread speaks volumes...it says exactly what the person who claims to know me (and there is a difference between knowing me and knowing who i am) said, its already been printed...but as you said, an annonymous forum would not hold any weight in a court of law.
I hope you printed it also..;)

ugottaluvit

this thread can go on and on.. but the bottom line is I came here for the same reason you did kamersu and will not stand by silently when I know facts are not being told accurately.

This forum is about grandparents rights**************.and this is NOT your child.....and if you care for this child as you say you do... then you will not alienate the maternal grandmother and sibling.. cause trust me in the end... it only hurts the child.

kamersu

this thread can go on and on.. but the bottom line is I came here for the same reason you did kamersu and will not stand by silently when I know facts are not being told accurately.

This forum is about grandparents rights**************.and this is NOT your child.....and if you care for this child as you say you do... then you will not alienate the maternal grandmother and sibling.. cause trust me in the end... it only hurts the child.
i realize what the end result in this situation is, not matter what the outcome quite honestly. however, what you don't seem to understand is...as you say i don't know all the facts, make sure you know them all (as far as my intentions) before you make such statements. because remember, since you seem to believe you know me so well...i at no point have said the child should NEVER see the grandparents...i said i do not believe it needs to be court ordered as to when and where. i from the very beginning have said that i do not believe the child should go through his life not knowing any part of his mother, i couldn't imagine that for my own son. however, i will state again, as i have several times....i think the whole situation could have been gone about in a better manner (on both sides).

Just Blue

This is between the FATHER and the GRANDMOTHER. The OP came here for answers just as you did....but NEITHER of you has standing in this situation! BOTH of you need to mind your own business and stay the hell out of it, unless you intent is to make a bad situation worse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">