• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal rights of a Godmother

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bobby Carter

What is the name of your state?My state is Arkansas. My question is, who would be :confused: awarded custody of a grandchild in the untimely death of it's parents, the maternal grandmother or the Godmother?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Bobby Carter said:
What is the name of your state?My state is Arkansas. My question is, who would be :confused: awarded custody of a grandchild in the untimely death of it's parents, the maternal grandmother or the Godmother?
My response:

Questions like this only come from Arkansas! Dufus!

IAAL

Shay-Pari'e

Bobby Carter said:
Why would you even be asking this? If they have a will, then they made their wishes known.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

--PARIDISE-- said:
Why would you even be asking this? If they have a will, then they made their wishes known.

My response:

What does their Will have to do with anything? Is that how people give away their children in Arkansas?

IAAL

tigger22472

The godmother has no legal rights, Grandma would have a shot at custody before the godmother. The title godmother is only reconized in the religious world.

Shay-Pari'e

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

What does their Will have to do with anything? Is that how people give away their children in Arkansas?

IAAL
Hell I don't know, it was a stupid question, so a stupid answer was necessary.

T

titansfan

grandma has rights godparents do not

a godparent is a religious relationship, not a legal one. godparents have no legal rights.the maternal grandmother would get custody unless shes proven unfit, then another relative could try for custody.

Shay-Pari'e

LMAO!!!!!!!!!! I knew when dead people and kids were mentioned, you would be right on this Titan/Kell/Lonelyandsad/bradybunchmom..............

To long of a list.

rmet4nzkx

--PARIDISE-- said:
LMAO!!!!!!!!!! I knew when dead people and kids were mentioned, you would be right on this Titan/Kell/Lonelyandsad/bradybunchmom..............

To long of a list.
3 minutes for Kelly to swallow the bait! :eek: :rolleyes:

Veronica1228

--PARIDISE-- said:

To long of a list.
Yep. You called it!!!

Veronica1228

--PARIDISE-- said:
So I get to wear the tiara again? I didn't do so good with lmytym....I still have not checked on her. My bad. :eek:
Yes, you can wear the tiara.

I forgot all about 1mrtym. Is she still in the closet? She kind of took off this morning after IAAL called her a "little whiny b!tch." I spit out my cheerios when I read it!!!

Shay-Pari'e

Veronica1228 said:

I forgot all about 1mrtym. Is she still in the closet? She kind of took off this morning after IAAL called her a "little whiny b!tch." I spit out my cheerios when I read it!!!
Send me the link.

She escaped, and I know NOTHING. ;)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Veronica1228 said:

My response:

(In a whiny, nasal, voice) Welllllllll, she issssssss a whiny little bitch.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">