• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MGM fighting custody with Father- Mother abuser

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

downhill

What is the name of your state? NJ

I moved out of state ahead of then wife with all our belongings for a new job. She had manipulated and I learned she had a boyfriend and stayed in NJ to keep my son from me. All contact became court ordered.

Emotional abuse and a suicide threat by son were part of 20 months of my and others complaints.

9 months ago divorce finalized. I have 1 day a week and every other weekend in the divorce decree.

Last DYFS case opened was in another county by the maternal GM. I then moved back to NJ. (3 months ago) The mother's fiancee evicted her and my son. Mother became unstable and would not move out. Police called to house 2x, school complaints to DYFS, son not going to school as he was afraid to leave his mother home alone. She was on job 4 since our parting- I think. Her car repossessed. Told son terrible lies for 21 months prior about how to hide from DYFS, kidnappers, someone was spying, questioned and reprimanded when he got back from counseling, son witnessed screaming fights with MGM and M, told how to bury his mother like a witch, pulled in and out of counseling and told not to talk during sessions, said I had moved on and had a baby and did not want my son.

Evals show I am a bit narcisstic and not taking full responsibility for my son's issues. Monther is malignant narcissist and histrionic PD and invested in portraying herself as victim of my abandonment. She hid relationship with the BF/fiancee part. All her lies were discovered after numerous DYFS meetings told over and over to a new audience in two counties every few weeks where I had to bring out court docs, etc as proof.

The case was substantiated within 1 month after it was moved to another county where MGM lives. Prior, the mother had moved in and out of MGM home with my son 2x in an 8 month period, at one point for several months without him. However the last move 30 days prior to substantiated abuse case was to PA where she resides now. Judge prevented removal out of state of my son and kept him with the MGM.

MGM has been more of a primary caretaker since birth then the mother. We both worked and she was disabled and lived with us during marriage and took care of our child.

Now DYFS has legal custody and physical remains with MGM. I have enjoyed a great reunification with my son for last 3 months now that the mother is out of picture.

During the beginning of this current case, the MGM called for months every day to tell me and my girlfriend all the problems. She has now turned against me.

She came to a monthly DYFS schedule meeting with accusations my son did not like the DYFS counselor. She lied that I was telling my son I was only temporarily there and was going to move him back to my home. (True but I would never tell him) She was aggressive in stating she wanted to be the parent and had been. She stated I had been absent and dismissed my reminder to her that court documents show she was part of her daughters efforts to exclude me from my sons life. She brought bills, and proof she and her bf had gone to parenting classes.

Mother has missed a visitation. (1 hr per week by DYFS worker) Son is violent and angry most of the time. After this- he hit a child after she did not show up

I am employed, leased 2 bedrooms of a friends home, provide health insurance, a college fund, pay child support, am active with my son in athletic activities, and I have an IEP planned for the new school next year. We read, listen / teach him to play music, take him to church and I desire to be his parent. Longer term, I will be 45 when he goes to college, MGM will be 72. I do have a plan and desire longer term go back to the home I own with my GF I plan to marry when the chaos ends. Our life is more stable and financially better. However I can not go to the judge first time around and say I am taking my son out of state.

Is it likely that a 64 yr old grandmother living on disablity with her bf that is also disabled with Parkinsons would be granted anything more than visitation by the judge?

Could MGM be granted joint legal or maybe even physical custody with me without the courts terminating the mothers legal custody?

If I am showing amicablity, over the MGM's aggression to discredit me, is that not seen in a better light?

Should I lean more towards the mothers rehabilitation and mothering skills as more amicable/desire and leave out the MGM?

Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">