• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mother missing (presumed dead), father fled country with child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

saralsim81

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana

I am not sure which forum this belongs in, as the circumstances are quite complicated. I am trying to find out what rights exist for the family of a missing woman (missing since July 5th), who is presumed to be the victim of foul play at the hands of her husband, in regards to the couple's 5 year old daughter. The husband fled with the 5 year old daughter to Venezuela (his home country), prior to his wife's disappearance being reported. The authorities have not been able to contact him in months. The child was born in the United States, but does have dual citizenship with Venezuela. To further complicate matters, the missing mother is from Belgium (does have U.S. citizenship), and her family is located in Belgium. Authorities have yet to find a body, and it is unlikely that charges will be filed without one. Extradition from Venezuela is unlikely, and isn't even an option until an arrest warrant is filed. In the mean time, this little girl, who has never been away from her mother, and has always lived in the United States, is being hidden in Venezuela. Does this mother's family have any hope of being able to recover this child?

Last edited by a moderator:

Banned_Princess

I'm sorry, but it is unlikely you will be able to get him from Venezuela. it will be costly, and not guaranteed.

I'm sorry about your daughter. Oh, not your daughter.

ok, the family has a slim to none chance of tracking dad and child all over a foreign country, if the cops cant find him, what makes you think the family can? he is the father, he didn't kidnap the kid, and he is innocent until proven guilty.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">