• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Grandson

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sallywohl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California grandson is in Oklahoma. My daughter just recently died she had been deined visitation to her son. She was in Idaho promises were always made promises were always broken. My daughter, husband and myself had always kept in contact with the boy who is now 11. His father even brought him out to visit us one Christmas. Just before the death of my daughter his father remarried, and now the father is being deployed to Korea for a year. The boy has asked me repeatedly to come to California to visit. Always before it wasn't going to happening because the father was afraid my daughter would show up at the visit. Since the death of my daughter more excuses. Now yesterday the new step mother is acusing my husband is a child molester. NOT TRUE when the boy was 5 he stayed at our home alone for a month, no worries now this is so hurtful after losing our daughter. We just want to have a normal relationship with our beloved grandson. This woman is threatening me telling me that if I try to exercise my grandparents rights in anyway that she will change her phone number and we will be cut off from the boy forever!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California grandson is in Oklahoma. My daughter just recently died she had been deined visitation to her son. She was in Idaho promises were always made promises were always broken. My daughter, husband and myself had always kept in contact with the boy who is now 11. His father even brought him out to visit us one Christmas. Just before the death of my daughter his father remarried, and now the father is being deployed to Korea for a year. The boy has asked me repeatedly to come to California to visit. Always before it wasn't going to happening because the father was afraid my daughter would show up at the visit. Since the death of my daughter more excuses. Now yesterday the new step mother is acusing my husband is a child molester. NOT TRUE when the boy was 5 he stayed at our home alone for a month, no worries now this is so hurtful after losing our daughter. We just want to have a normal relationship with our beloved grandson. This woman is threatening me telling me that if I try to exercise my grandparents rights in anyway that she will change her phone number and we will be cut off from the boy forever!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

You don't have any rights.

You may have standing to sue for visitation, but if you lose you'll guarantee that you'll never see your grandson again.

Your best bet is to do whatever it takes to make nice with Dad and stepmom.

You can of course speak with an attorney, but be prepared for a long, expensive battle.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">