• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My uncle dumped my grandfather(American citizen) in india and took away his passport.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stevesingh

My grandfather had been living in California since 1990 and became american citizen and had US passport.His age was 90+ and had been taking the benefits of old age like pension and medical,etc. 2 years ago, his elder son, with whom he had been living in US for past 20 years, left him in INDIA(grandfather's birth country) with my father but forcibly took my grandfather's American passport to US without his approval.

Is there any possibility that he had been using that passport to claim my grandfather's pension and other monetary benefits?

My grandfather passed away this january and had been bed ridden during past 1 year in India. Can we sue his elder son who is living in US on my grandfather's behalf?

Regards

stevesingh

we dont seek any benefits

How have you, the potential plaintiff, been damaged? How can the court remedy your damage?
We dont seek any benefits. But we just want to know 2 things:

Is there any possibility that he had been using that passport to claim my grandfather's pension and other monetary benefits?

If Yes, then is it possible to file charges in the court of law for withdrawing benefits on my grandfather's behalf though the grandfather was in India?

Regards

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
We dont seek any benefits. But we just want to know 2 things:

If Yes, then is it possible to file charges in the court of law for withdrawing benefits on my grandfather's behalf though the grandfather was in India?

Regards
Who are "we"? And what proof do you have of wrongdoing?

Please, we ask questions for a reason.

stevesingh

Who are "we"? And what proof do you have of wrongdoing?

Please, we ask questions for a reason.
My grandfather had 2 children. He lived with the elder son in US. The elder son left the grandfather with his younger son in India. We stand for the "younger son's family".

Reason, I am asking this is the elder son has been creating lot of trouble for us in terms of family property after my grandfather's death. But we think, he has been enjoying monetary benefits using the grandfather's passport. Is that possible?

LdiJ

My grandfather had 2 children. He lived with the elder son in US. The elder son left the grandfather with his younger son in India. We stand for the "younger son's family".

Reason, I am asking this is the elder son has been creating lot of trouble for us in terms of family property after my grandfather's death. But we think, he has been enjoying monetary benefits using the grandfather's passport. Is that possible?
Using the passport? No. There is nothing that could be done with the passport to gain monetary benefits. Also you said that your grandfather was 90+ when he died and started living in the US in 1990, which would have made him at least 65 at the time. Its unlikely he ever earned enough social security credits to be entitled to US Social Security benefits anyway.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">