• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MyGrandaughter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CWCTH

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri My grandaughter is 12 my x daughter in law has moved 20 miles away(not the problem) when my gd was in school before moving she was almost a straight A student now she has C s and F s she has gained 30 lbs and always seems nervous, she bits her nails and her hair breaks off alot(doctor has stated stress can cause that) she says she is sad her Mom is hardly ever home between her job and school she told me her stepdad is mean to her I have alot of concern about her health and her education. What rights do I have

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I would suggest that you play nice with the parent of the child and make sure to give all the love you can to the child. Offer to babysit a lot.

Where is the father of the child?

CWCTH

My Grandaughter

He gets her everytime he can. She told him she would like to live with him. oke to her Mom about it and she went really went off and put on a scene. It was dropped for awhile but my gd has brought it up again but is afraid of how she would be treated by her Mom and her Moms family when she visited her if custody switched She really misses her classmates and friends Also forgot when she was in school here she could and did play sports, since shes in a larger school she has to try out and wont shes afraid of failure

proud_parent

He gets her everytime he can. She told him she would like to live with him. oke to her Mom about it and she went really went off and put on a scene. It was dropped for awhile but my gd has brought it up again but is afraid of how she would be treated by her Mom and her Moms family when she visited her if custody switched She really misses her classmates and friends Also forgot when she was in school here she could and did play sports, since shes in a larger school she has to try out and wont shes afraid of failure
Does your son share your concerns about the child's health and education?

If so, what is he doing to address those concerns?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Perhaps you should encourage your son to man-up and handle his own affairs.

And, I don't blame the mom for blowing up at you for suggesting ANYTHING relating to the custody arrangements for HER child. You were way, Way, WAY out of line.

happybug

Was it your granddaughter's doctor who told you her condition may be stress related? Or, were you just discussing her medical care with some random MD who had never examined her?

dannyt

stay out of it

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri My grandaughter is 12 my x daughter in law has moved 20 miles away(not the problem) when my gd was in school before moving she was almost a straight A student now she has C s and F s she has gained 30 lbs and always seems nervous, she bits her nails and her hair breaks off alot(doctor has stated stress can cause that) she says she is sad her Mom is hardly ever home between her job and school she told me her stepdad is mean to her I have alot of concern about her health and her education. What rights do I have
none whatsoever. and the dr could get himself in trouble for violating the privacy act and discussing the child's medical condition with you( which btw is none of your business, since you are not one of the parents).and btw, your granddaughter doesnt get to choose whom to live with untill shes 18.

Hot Topic

Sounds like a child who's working hard on learning how to manipulate the adults in her life in order to get her way.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">