• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

patriciaacasey

Hi my name is patricia I live in myrtle beach sc.. Recently my son an his significate other seperated an they have a minor child together tht is 7 mths old.I am the grandmother an I have bonded dearly to my granddaughter..I felt she was torn away from me when the mother left an moved back with her parents..I have asked on several occasions to see her via text message with no response. I truely miss her an would like to find out if I have rights to visitations with her an what I must do..I know my son an her have their problems but this is my only grandchild an I want to be a part of her life..The mother hasnt told me personally to my face but through my son I am not allowed to see her. I dont want any troubles I just want to watch her grow take her shopping and love her. please let me know what i have to do :(What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Proserpina

Hi my name is patricia I live in myrtle beach sc.. Recently my son an his significate other seperated an they have a minor child together tht is 7 mths old.I am the grandmother an I have bonded dearly to my granddaughter..I felt she was torn away from me when the mother left an moved back with her parents..I have asked on several occasions to see her via text message with no response. I truely miss her an would like to find out if I have rights to visitations with her an what I must do..I know my son an her have their problems but this is my only grandchild an I want to be a part of her life..The mother hasnt told me personally to my face but through my son I am not allowed to see her. I dont want any troubles I just want to watch her grow take her shopping and love her. please let me know what i have to do :(What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

You can see your grandchild during your son's parenting time.

You have no inherent rights to visitation and unless you raised the baby for the last 7 months it's highly unlikely that you'd be able to prove a strong bond (which would be necessary in order to obtain GPV).

Antigone*

Why don't you visit with your grandchild during Dad's parenting time?

ecmst12

You could CALL mom instead of texting her and ask her if there is anything you can do to help her out, if she would like to come over for dinner, something else that sounds like a friendly gesture rather than purely wanting to spend time with HER child. You might get a better reception to that.

Or not, and you can see the baby when your son has visitation IF he chooses to let you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">