• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help to get grandson

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rosanna33

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania
i currently live in PA I am raising 3 of my grandchildren.My grandson Timmy lives in Calif with a foster mother.He wants to come live here with us.She, the foster mother has told my daughter she does not want him anymore.But when ever my daughter tries to get custody back this foster mother fights her! My daughter can not get him back because of her background,but my husband and i are willing to get Timmy and raise him here with his siblings. Any suggestiong on what we should do?

Just Blue

i currently live in PA I am raising 3 of my grandchildren.My grandson Timmy lives in Calif with a foster mother.He wants to come live here with us.She, the foster mother has told my daughter she does not want him anymore.But when ever my daughter tries to get custody back this foster mother fights her! My daughter can not get him back because of her background,but my husband and i are willing to get Timmy and raise him here with his siblings. Any suggestiong on what we should do?
You will need to consult with an attorney in Cali to guide you. Likely CPS in Cali will not release the child from their care to a person across the country.

BTW: Your daughter is probably (read likely) lying regarding the FM desire to retain the child in her custody. If FM did NOT "want him anymore" she could contact the Social Worker and the child would be placed with another Foster Parent.

Edit to ask: What is your daughters "background" that prevents her from having custody of her children?

rosanna33

when I lived in Calif this FM left my grandson with my ex husband, and said she wanted nothin to do with him. So my ex called me and asked me to pik up my grandson,I did. Went and bought him some clothes because all he had was what he was wearing. Took him home for the nite.When I got to work in the morning I received a call from a officer in the nearby town ,stating that I needeed to return my grandson to the police dept. This FM HAD CALLED POLICE ON ME SAYING THAT i KIDNAPPED HIM! I did as the officer had asked and took him to the local police dept. The rest is on file.This FM does not care about what time this child comes home at nite , he is always roaming the streets at nite and has gotten into alot of trouble lately.

mistoffolees

when I lived in Calif this FM left my grandson with my ex husband, and said she wanted nothin to do with him. So my ex called me and asked me to pik up my grandson,I did. Went and bought him some clothes because all he had was what he was wearing. Took him home for the nite.When I got to work in the morning I received a call from a officer in the nearby town ,stating that I needeed to return my grandson to the police dept. This FM HAD CALLED POLICE ON ME SAYING THAT i KIDNAPPED HIM! I did as the officer had asked and took him to the local police dept. The rest is on file.This FM does not care about what time this child comes home at nite , he is always roaming the streets at nite and has gotten into alot of trouble lately.
Clearly, you need to stop doing ANYTHING without a court order. Work with the Social Worker assigned to the case. Tell her that you're available to do whatever you can to help the child but want to do it the right way and will go through the Social Worker.

dannyt

wheres dad?

btw, where is dad in all this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">