+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    kdjdfrog is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1

    Need Help what I should do to help my grandkids

    What is the name of your state? Texas

    I need to know what my rights are as a grandparent who does not have custody of her grand daughter on paper but have had her living with me for the school year and before school year started. My daughter just left her husband because she claims he abused her, and she is shacking up with another loser who has no home, but using others homes to live at. No permanent residence . My daughter is drinking and smoking pot and neglecting the kids and the officer I called to investigate this says that there is no sign of neglect or abuse. My 5 year old grand daughter has been running fever all day, and asked her to take her to dr, and she didn't , she went to buy weed instead of taking care of my granddaugher, thus I took her to the ER tonight. What do I do, she thinks she has gotten away with something, and she just smiles. I am at my wits end and I don't have support from my husband because he enables her and supplies her with cigarettes, and took her to get her weed. What can I do?
  2. #2
    Ohiogal is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    52,947
    You can call the child's father and have the child picked up. You can file for custody and serve both mom and dad. Then prepare for all out war. Your grandchild is NOT being neglected or abused based on what you have said. Is this about your grandchild or punishing your daughter however? What did the ER state was wrong with the child?
    Parents should remember 3 things: Love your kids more than you hate your ex; when you have children the relationship with the other parent is until death; your children determine what type of nursing home you end up in.
    Nothing stated by me should be taken as giving you legal advice or forming an attorney/client relationship.

    Attorney-GAL in Ohio.

    I've removed the knife from my back, polished it, and will one day return it -- long after you think I have forgotten.
  3. #3
    LisaJoy79 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    54

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by kdjdfrog View Post
    What is the name of your state? Texas

    I need to know what my rights are as a grandparent who does not have custody of her grand daughter on paper but have had her living with me for the school year and before school year started. My daughter just left her husband because she claims he abused her, and she is shacking up with another loser who has no home, but using others homes to live at. No permanent residence . My daughter is drinking and smoking pot and neglecting the kids and the officer I called to investigate this says that there is no sign of neglect or abuse. My 5 year old grand daughter has been running fever all day, and asked her to take her to dr, and she didn't , she went to buy weed instead of taking care of my granddaugher, thus I took her to the ER tonight. What do I do, she thinks she has gotten away with something, and she just smiles. I am at my wits end and I don't have support from my husband because he enables her and supplies her with cigarettes, and took her to get her weed. What can I do?

    kdjdfrog:

    Is her biological father in the picture? If so, is he helping with his child's care as well?
    Last edited by LisaJoy79; 06-05-2008 at 03:54 AM.
  4. #4
    Silverplum is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Golden, CO
    Posts
    26,015
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaJoy79 View Post
    kdjdfrog:

    Is her biological father in the picture? If so, if he helping with his child's care as well?
    Father.

    Just "father." If you want to post here, know that we do not use the word "biological" in front of the words "mother" or "father," unless we're talking about an adoption, and even then, the usage is specific and generally respectful.
  5. #5
    Blue Meanie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    24,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverplum View Post
    Father.

    Just "father." If you want to post here, know that we do not use the word "biological" in front of the words "mother" or "father," unless we're talking about an adoption, and even then, the usage is specific and generally respectful.
    You should have seen what was there BEFORE Admin editted!!
  6. #6
    LisaJoy79 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    54

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverplum View Post
    Father.

    Just "father." If you want to post here, know that we do not use the word "biological" in front of the words "mother" or "father," unless we're talking about an adoption, and even then, the usage is specific and generally respectful.
    Silverplum:

    Thanks. That helped me out a lot I apologize if I was disrespectful in any type of way

    Be Blessed!
  7. #7
    LisaJoy79 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    54

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by baystategirl View Post
    You should have seen what was there BEFORE Admin editted!!
    Baystategirl:

    What did I post originally? Whatever it was, I was not trying to disrespect and like I told Silverplum, I'm sorry if I came across that way

Similar Threads

  1. My grandkids
    By rudypoo98 in forum Civil Litigation
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-18-2011, 05:34 PM
  2. Grandkids
    By bsingle1960 in forum Grandparentís Rights
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-19-2010, 10:49 AM
  3. Need to see my grandkids....
    By Bluethunder007 in forum Grandparentís Rights
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-10-2005, 02:20 PM
  4. Grandkids in need!
    By unhappygammy in forum Grandparentís Rights
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-31-2005, 03:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 1995-2012 Advice Company, All Rights Reserved

FreeAdvice® has been providing millions of consumers with outstanding advice, free, since 1995. While not a substitute for personal advice from a licensed professional, it is available AS IS, subject to our Disclaimer and Terms & Conditions Of Use.