• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help what I should do to help my grandkids

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kdjdfrog

What is the name of your state? Texas

I need to know what my rights are as a grandparent who does not have custody of her grand daughter on paper but have had her living with me for the school year and before school year started. My daughter just left her husband because she claims he abused her, and she is shacking up with another loser who has no home, but using others homes to live at. No permanent residence . My daughter is drinking and smoking pot and neglecting the kids and the officer I called to investigate this says that there is no sign of neglect or abuse. My 5 year old grand daughter has been running fever all day, and asked her to take her to dr, and she didn't , she went to buy weed instead of taking care of my granddaugher, thus I took her to the ER tonight. What do I do, she thinks she has gotten away with something, and she just smiles. I am at my wits end and I don't have support from my husband because he enables her and supplies her with cigarettes, and took her to get her weed. What can I do?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You can call the child's father and have the child picked up. You can file for custody and serve both mom and dad. Then prepare for all out war. Your grandchild is NOT being neglected or abused based on what you have said. Is this about your grandchild or punishing your daughter however? What did the ER state was wrong with the child?

LisaJoy79

What is the name of your state? Texas

I need to know what my rights are as a grandparent who does not have custody of her grand daughter on paper but have had her living with me for the school year and before school year started. My daughter just left her husband because she claims he abused her, and she is shacking up with another loser who has no home, but using others homes to live at. No permanent residence . My daughter is drinking and smoking pot and neglecting the kids and the officer I called to investigate this says that there is no sign of neglect or abuse. My 5 year old grand daughter has been running fever all day, and asked her to take her to dr, and she didn't , she went to buy weed instead of taking care of my granddaugher, thus I took her to the ER tonight. What do I do, she thinks she has gotten away with something, and she just smiles. I am at my wits end and I don't have support from my husband because he enables her and supplies her with cigarettes, and took her to get her weed. What can I do?

kdjdfrog:

Is her biological father in the picture? If so, is he helping with his child's care as well?

Last edited:

Silverplum

kdjdfrog:

Is her biological father in the picture? If so, if he helping with his child's care as well?
Father.

Just "father." If you want to post here, know that we do not use the word "biological" in front of the words "mother" or "father," unless we're talking about an adoption, and even then, the usage is specific and generally respectful.

Just Blue

Father.

Just "father." If you want to post here, know that we do not use the word "biological" in front of the words "mother" or "father," unless we're talking about an adoption, and even then, the usage is specific and generally respectful.
You should have seen what was there BEFORE Admin editted!! :eek:

LisaJoy79

Father.

Silverplum:

Thanks. That helped me out a lot:) I apologize if I was disrespectful in any type of way:)

Be Blessed!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">