• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need to see my grandkids....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bluethunder007

What is the name of your state?I live in california, I want to know what my rights are as a grandmother. My son and daughter-in-law will not let me see my grandkids. For reasons I don't know, he & his wife refuse visitation rights. There is no commucation between my son and I. He either hangs up on me, or doesn't return my calls.
Any help anyone can give me on California rights for grandparents I would appericate.

tigger22472

Your likelyhood of GPV rights are slim to none. The Supreme Court has ruled it unconstitutional to infringe on the rights of parents in raising their children. Seeing as they are an intact family the chances are even less. Bring court proceedings or even attempting it isn't a good move for you. The likelyhood of winning is slim to none and even if you did receive them they would be minimal. The best advice I have for you is to wait this out and hope things change between you and your son and try to make amends.

LdiJ

Bluethunder007 said:
What is the name of your state?I live in california, I want to know what my rights are as a grandmother. My son and daughter-in-law will not let me see my grandkids. For reasons I don't know, he & his wife refuse visitation rights. There is no commucation between my son and I. He either hangs up on me, or doesn't return my calls.
Any help anyone can give me on California rights for grandparents I would appericate.
Grandparents have no automatic or common law rights. Grandparents only have the statutory right to sue for visitation in limited circumstances....and that doesn't guarantee a win.

If they are an intact family (the parents married and living together) then you have absolutely no standing to sue for visitation rights. You don't fall within the "limited circumstances". Its time to resolve your differences with your son and daughter in law if you want to be part of your grandchildren's lives.

I suspect that you know perfectly well why your son is doing this.

T

titansfan

stop calling your son he does not want to talk to you

if you keep calling them, they can get a restraining order against you. you son obviously doesnt want to talk to you, so my suggestion is that you stop calling.you are making a pest of yourself, and really annoying your son and daughter in law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">