• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Old aged seniors and their rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Proserpina

Basically this is general prescription among all of the young generation that the seniors or the oldies are like burden on the economy and that's why they should be sent to the old aged houses or the independent living centers and i have seen by my own eyes that the youngsters don't treat their elders or seniors nicely and i wonder that we also think that they are a liability on us and that's why we send them at old aged houses**************
Do the oldies have some rights i mean the right so that everyone treat them nicely....

You're kidding, right?

Nobody - NOBODY - has "rights" saying that they must be treated nicely.

CSO286

Basically this is general prescription among all of the young generation that the seniors or the oldies are like burden on the economy and that's why they should be sent to the old aged houses or the independent living centers and i have seen by my own eyes that the youngsters don't treat their elders or seniors nicely and i wonder that we also think that they are a liability on us and that's why we send them at old aged houses**************
Do the oldies have some rights i mean the right so that everyone treat them nicely....
Your post is one of the most disrespectful ones I have seen.
If you truly believe that senior citizens are being poorly treated by younger people, then please learn how to advocate for them without referring to them as "oldies".

For the first ten years of my working life, I was a direct care provider in an "old age house". We called them long term care facilities.

And, for the love of God, please do not use any type of collective "we" when referring to the general populace and their attitudes toward senior citizens. I certainly don't wish to be lumped into any of your categories.

Last edited:

Proserpina

Your post is one of the most disrespectful ones I have seen.
If you truly believe that senior citizens are being poorly treated by yopunger people, then please learn how to advocate for them withhout referring to them as "oldies".

For the first ten years of my working life, I was a direct care provider in an "old age house". We called them long term care facilities.

And, for the love of God, please do not use anyt type of collective "we" when referring to the general populace and their attitudes toward senior citizens. I certainly don't wish to be lumped into any of your categories.

"Twerp" is such an underused word, don't you think? :cool:

commentator

And with such insulting generalities that I couldn't find much of a question anywhere in this mess. A person does not give up any of their "rights" simply because they become what some twerp defines as "Old." But no one has rights such as he/she imagines they do. No one, young or old can sue because they are not treated fairly or respectfully. This person sounds drunk/drugged/nuts to me.

LdiJ

So far today this poster has:

1 - necroposted
2- hijacked a thread
3 - posted a nonsense reply to someone
4- started this inane thread

Methinks we have a troll.

latigo

Your caption is redundant!

Like Truman Capote's "Living and dying in LA is redundant".

Personally I'm not acquainted with any young seniors. However, I do know a few young to middle age seniles. Some even submit profound, mind boggling questions like the above.

Have a nice day and hopelfully I'll remember to help an oldie cross the street - mainly me!

>Charlotte<

Lurker
I'm noticing a lot of nonsensical and unsubstantial posts lately, and the posters all seem to have the same poor English and weird syntax that you'll see in junk mail and spam.

It's not an uncommon ploy for scammers and spammers to run around the net leaving random nonsense on random web sites to create an artificial presence, in case they're Googled.

That's what this sounds like.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">