• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Oregon's Grandparents Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GRANDMA carol

What is the name of your state? OREGON
I MOVED HERE TO BE WITH MY SON AND GRANDSON AND HIS LIVE IN GIRLFRIEND. BY THE TIME I GOT HERE THINGS CHANGED SHE MOVED OUT, WITHIN THE FIRST WEEK MY SON AND I GOT INTO A DISAGREEMENT OVER HIS LIFE STYLE AND HE THREW ME OUT WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WHERE TO GO. OBVIOUSLY HE IS USING DRUGS. NOW I LIVE WITH MY GRANDSONS MOTHER AND HAVE BEEN SINCE HE THREW ME OUT. THIS ALL TOOK PLACE THE DAY BEFORE MOTHER'S DAY! I HAVE BEEN SEEING AND TAKING CARE OF MY GRANDSON ON THE DAYS HE IS WITH HIS MOTHER FOR VISITATION MON-THRUS EVERY WEEK.
MY SON'S HOUSE WAS RAIDED FOR DRUGS LAST WEEK, FOUR CHILDREN WERE REMOVED FROM THE PREMISES, THE POLICE FOUND POT BUT WERE LOOKING FOR METH. HERE'S MY PROBLEM YESTERDAY I WENT WITH MY GRANDSON'S MOTHER TO VISIT WITH MY GRANDSON, HE IS NOW SAYING THAT I HAVE NO RIGHT TO SEE HIM AND THAT HE SAID THE DHS WORKER SAYS I AM NOT TO GO THERE TO SEE HIM, WE CALLED AND HAD PERMISSION BEFORE COMING OVER TO SAFE HOUSE.
WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS AS A GRANDPARENT?

moburkes

If you'll retype your post without SHOUTING at us, we'd be happy to listen. If you use caps because you have vision problems, then at the top of your browser, click VIEW, then TEXT SIZE, then any of the options that would make the letters large enough for you.

Well, that's all very confusing. You are staying with the childs mother who had custody M-Th but it appears he is now in the custody of DHS? How did that happen?

Was your grandchild at the house when it was raided? Has the mother filed to regain custody from DHS?

You don't have any rights. Since you apparently have a decent relationship with the mom, you should probably help her get her son back.

Blue

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">