• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paternal grandmother wants full custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

INDYMOM05

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Indiana
Hello ~

I am writting because I am in a tough situation and need some advise, I am a 23 year old single mother of a 19 month old. I have raised my son alone all of his life while his father was back and forth in jail not paying child support or even calling to check on our child. I have had a stable job, providing everything my child has needed on my own with no help from anyone.I am engaged to a great man that my son calls daddy to because this is the only man he has ever know and the only one there for him. The paternal grandparents never call to see how my son is doing or even come and see him. In the last 9 months they as well as their son have see my son a total of 5 times and have called maybe 5 times and that was to see him.

All of a sudden they approached my childs past babysitter (which might i add is a past because she would give my child to whomever came to the door and ask to take him) asking her to testify against me so she can get full custody or grandparent right of my son.

Now I have no issue with them seeing my son but I do want supervised visitation becasue they have threated to take my child and move to michigan and told me I would never see him again. I need to know if they have a chance of getting custody and what are the rights of grandparents in my state.

INDYMOM05

Thanks you for noticing

Thank you so much brisgirl for stating that this is a dup post, and the reson for this is to get grandparents views on the issue, Now from reading other threads I see that you normally have great advice and if you have any it would be greatly appreciated, thanks and have a great day :D

brisgirl825

INDYMOM05 said:
Thank you so much brisgirl for stating that this is a dup post, and the reson for this is to get grandparents views on the issue, Now from reading other threads I see that you normally have great advice and if you have any it would be greatly appreciated, thanks and have a great day :D
When someone posts duplicates, it's easier to post a link. This way we can keep all the info and replies to one thread. It makes it easier for us and you.

LDiJ gave you great advice in the thread on the cusody/visitation board. She deals with this issue a lot.

GL.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">