• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paternal rights to Grandparent rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

malizalyn5

What is the name of your state?:( What is the name of your state? Arkansas! I need to know where I can get the full version of Grandparent rights at. My ex-wife is going to take my 2 and 3 year old and move from Ar. to IL. We both reside in Benton County. She has already stated that she's going to do what she can to keep me from seeing my kids for a full year so she can petition the court to have my parental right's taken from me. Now I've been struggling with giving up my rights so that my mother can have her grandparent rights. I wouldn't do this and don't want to but my 13 year old daughter was taken from me and my rights were terminated because I fought the judge on his judgment. I wanted more visitation and was denied it. I kept trying to fight for more and the judge took everything from me. My 13 year old now lives in VA. The reason for the explanation on my 13 year old is to give you an idea about my mother losing 3 grand children. Now from what I'm told is that if my ex doesn't let me see the kids for a full year then not only do I lose my rights but so does my mother to her grandparent rights. I'm not to sure how true that is. None the less I need to know that if I give up my rights which I'll regret for the rest of my life, will my mother get her grandparent rights? I need as much information on this as possible. I don't want to make a decision like this and not be completely informed. Please if you can give me any information about this I'd be completely appreciative of it. This is the hardest thing I've ever had to face and I'm facing it alone. I need to be informed. :(

LdiJ

malizalyn5 said:
What is the name of your state?:( What is the name of your state? Arkansas! I need to know where I can get the full version of Grandparent rights at. My ex-wife is going to take my 2 and 3 year old and move from Ar. to IL. We both reside in Benton County. She has already stated that she's going to do what she can to keep me from seeing my kids for a full year so she can petition the court to have my parental right's taken from me. Now I've been struggling with giving up my rights so that my mother can have her grandparent rights. I wouldn't do this and don't want to but my 13 year old daughter was taken from me and my rights were terminated because I fought the judge on his judgment. I wanted more visitation and was denied it. I kept trying to fight for more and the judge took everything from me. My 13 year old now lives in VA. The reason for the explanation on my 13 year old is to give you an idea about my mother losing 3 grand children. Now from what I'm told is that if my ex doesn't let me see the kids for a full year then not only do I lose my rights but so does my mother to her grandparent rights. I'm not to sure how true that is. None the less I need to know that if I give up my rights which I'll regret for the rest of my life, will my mother get her grandparent rights? I need as much information on this as possible. I don't want to make a decision like this and not be completely informed. Please if you can give me any information about this I'd be completely appreciative of it. This is the hardest thing I've ever had to face and I'm facing it alone. I need to be informed. :(
Its not as simple as you think. While parents automatically have rights simply by virtue of being parents, grandparents do not.

Grandparents may petition a court to attempt to get visitation rights to their grandchildren, however its difficult and costly for them to win those cases. You would do your mother far more good if you maintain your own rights to your children.

Does your ex wife have any real grounds to keep you away from your children? You do realize you would have a chance at legally stopping her from moving your children out of state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">