• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help i want my girl back home asap!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wantmygirlhome

I LIVE IN Arizona AND MY BABY IS IN Missouri

I was in a very abusive relationship for 5 yrs. I was able to get up the courage to separate. And go for divorce I got a order of protection and he kept crossing it he has several domestic violence charges on him. Plus a new one with his new girlfriend. And we have a 8 yr old who was 7 at time and she was seeing all the abuse. I asked her paternal Grandma to take her for a little bit so she not have to see no more. I gave a hand written temp custody order so she take her to Dr and enroll in school. its been 8 months and i have asked several times for her return and since December she not take my calls or answer my emails. I've sent the cops to her home for wellness checks cause they say they cant make her return her to me. The last time i called the cop told me he wouldn't go there again. I live in Arizona where child was born and raised her whole life. And she is in Missouri I am by no means able to get a attorney. All I want is for her to put her on a plane back home and i not know how to enforce that when even the cops won't help me. Every time I was allowed to talk to my girl she would cry and want to come home! This cant be healthy for her to be ripped from her mommy's arms she is only 8 now! We have always had a great bond i hate to think what is going through her mind! I'm sure her head is being filled with lies. So if anyone knows what i can do to get my baby back PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Antigone*

Please take your email out of the post, unless you want to get spam and freak emails from all the wackos out there.

If there is no formal custody order in place and you want your daughter back, you will have to get on a plane and pick your daughter up yourself. No one is going to do that for you.

ecmst12

Yup get up off your butt and go get her. She has no LEGAL right to keep the child since the papers were not signed or ordered by a judge. But you shouldn't be sitting around waiting for her to BRING the child to you. She doesn't have to do that.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
This cant be healthy for her to be ripped from her mommy's arms she is only 8 now!
Well... to be fair - NO ONE ripped her from your arms. You sent her away. Perhaps for what you felt was a good reason, but again - it was your decision.

As the others have said - you need to go get your child yourself.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Guess her daughter's not all that important. OP hasn't been back since 3 minutes after she posted her original question. <shrug>

bjd97

re:

I understand. I'm going through the same thing and like you, Didnt know what to do.
ok so go on line to this site

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/SuperiorCourt/Self-ServiceCenter/index.asp]Self-ServiceCenter do what I did and just dissect the whole family court section, everything you need to know is there. You will need to download the petition to revoke custody, and just follow the directions. Its very user friendly. They list the price for everything. Even tho u wont need a lawyer there will still be fees to process all this, but if you look at the options there is a section where you can ask the court to waive the fees if you cant afford to pay for it yourself. Good luck! hope everything works out for you :)

Last edited:

bjd97

wrong

Yup get up off your butt and go get her. She has no LEGAL right to keep the child since the papers were not signed or ordered by a judge. But you shouldn't be sitting around waiting for her to BRING the child to you. She doesn't have to do that.
You dont know what you are talking about.

You should review the laws before you tell someone to get off their butt and fly to get a child THEY CANNOT GET BACK until they file to revoke the custody that she gave.

bjd97

Guess her daughter's not all that important. OP hasn't been back since 3 minutes after she posted her original question. <shrug>
Ok so her daughter isn't important because she hasn't responded to all the criticism this forum has offered her?

Please if I need someone to kick me while I'm down ill ask for advice from you. Good to know there is support here

You should review the laws before you tell someone to get off their butt and fly to get a child THEY CANNOT GET BACK until they file to revoke the custody that she gave.
Actually, YOU are the one who has no clue. Unless the mother went to court WITH dad and they BOTH voluntarily gave grandma custody and only IF the judge signed off on that order, is there an actual court order. Only other possible way for grandma to obtain custody legally is if BOTH parents were found unfit and there was a ruling after a hearing or trial awarding grandma custody.

Do not post if you do not KNOW how the law works yourself. Also this poster never came back to explain the situation any further so no one knows the story and we are all speculating.

Last edited:
Ok so her daughter isn't important because she hasn't responded to all the criticism this forum has offered her?

Please if I need someone to kick me while I'm down ill ask for advice from you. Good to know there is support here
This isn't a support forum, this is a LEGAL forum. One that provides legal answers, of which the most concise answers that could be given based on the few pieces of information the poster gave. :rolleyes:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member

No, mo. Her kid is apparently not important because she hasn't even bothered to READ any of the responses. Try to FOCUS.

cyjeff

Personally, I had hoped that the reason we hadn't heard from mom was that she was on the way to the airport.

Once in Missouri, she was so busy getting the police to follow her to Grandma's house to pick up her child that she hasn't gotten back to us.

Hot Topic

It's more likely that she's sitting someplace feeling sorry for herself. You know how many posters resent responses that don't agree with their visions of themselves as victims.

Proserpina

Where did OP mention ANYTHING about a COURT ORDER giving custody to grandparents?

Ah. OP didn't.

Try again.

Court orders matter.

Hand written notes do not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">