• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sexually abusive grandmother

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skylarbrooke

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? my mother was sexually abusive to me and my son and i moved away to texas for our safety 10 yrs ago. well my mother hired private investigators to follow me and my son who is now a teenager . my son wasnt attending high school and he was stealing from me so i got him help and he was placed in a ged program that was helping him do well and on july 15 2011 the school called me and said he left with his grandmother who he hadnt seen in ten yrs. my sons roomate said my mother lured him away by giving him 1,000 and of course my son being disobedient anyway took the money and packed up the thousands of dollars worth of clothes and tvs and games i bought for him and left the state of texas with my mother and fleed to north carolina. my mother had no legal right to take him from school and she didint let me know or the school know. now my son is with an abusive person he doesnt know and i need advice on how to sue my mother for invading my parenting and privacy . i called police and they said that my son is an adult but my son was not attending high school and was evaluated with mild mental retardation with an iq of 73. my son is in danger because my mother sexually abuses when you are asleep and i reported her twice to cps when we lived in ny and because my mother cried and was a former social worker they did nothing to help me . well she continues to mentally abuse me and i need help to try and stop her. can i file an intentional tort or negligence tort against her? can i get an order of protection? how do i go about doing these things?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? my mother was sexually abusive to me and my son and i moved away to texas for our safety 10 yrs ago. well my mother hired private investigators to follow me and my son who is now a teenager . my son wasnt attending high school and he was stealing from me so i got him help and he was placed in a ged program that was helping him do well and on july 15 2011 the school called me and said he left with his grandmother who he hadnt seen in ten yrs. my sons roomate said my mother lured him away by giving him 1,000 and of course my son being disobedient anyway took the money and packed up the thousands of dollars worth of clothes and tvs and games i bought for him and left the state of texas with my mother and fleed to north carolina. my mother had no legal right to take him from school and she didint let me know or the school know. now my son is with an abusive person he doesnt know and i need advice on how to sue my mother for invading my parenting and privacy . i called police and they said that my son is an adult but my son was not attending high school and was evaluated with mild mental retardation with an iq of 73. my son is in danger because my mother sexually abuses when you are asleep and i reported her twice to cps when we lived in ny and because my mother cried and was a former social worker they did nothing to help me . well she continues to mentally abuse me and i need help to try and stop her. can i file an intentional tort or negligence tort against her? can i get an order of protection? how do i go about doing these things?
If your son is a legal adult there may be nothing that you can go. However, get a consult with a local attorney. If you can obtain guardianship over your adult son you may have some recourse.

skylarbrooke

guardianship

im going to go do that asap. but i want to know if i can sue my mother for intentional infliction of emotional distress? i also would like to get an order of protection because she keeps having private investigators follow me... what do i need to do to file a suit?

Proserpina

im going to go do that asap. but i want to know if i can sue my mother for intentional infliction of emotional distress? i also would like to get an order of protection because she keeps having private investigators follow me... what do i need to do to file a suit?

Do you have proof of abuse?

Anything at all?

Because without proof, you really don't have much recourse (if any).

Are you in counseling?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">