• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is there anything you can legally do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I am going through a modification of visitation based on several occurences and so far the court has agreed it's necessary and my ex has supervised visitation.

However, he has a very controlling mother who does not understand her boundaries and since this process began, she has become more overtly meddlesome. It's bordering harassment and she is constantly overstepping her boundaries from trying to withhold paperwork from me to not allowing her son and I to work on the issues we have. She's even in contact with his attorney which my attorney and I don't understand.

Is there anything I can do legally to try to get her to stop? Or does my ex just have to step up and take some action?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Sounds like your ex needs to reclaim his cojones from his mother and tell her to back off.

If she tries to engage you, tell her to it's between ex and you, and last time you looked, she wasn't in the room when conception happened (but ever so nicely!) ;)

I have tried, but she doesn't get the message and I can't talk to my ex about it because he consults her on everything. My attorney and I had thought about going through mediation, but considering my ex won't do anything without consulting his mother, we doubt it would be worth the money.

At one point, he had even called me to try and talk through the modification, but when I called him back, he never answered or returned my call again. I dont think my ex is going to step up.

My attorney is going to subpeona her for a deposition based on lots of occurences so that the court can hopefully see how controlling she is and how much stress it causes our DD. Also, we hope that it shows that she is fighting me and not him. Is there anything anyone else would suggest?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">