• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Urgent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

agranny

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IN

I WANT TO VISIT MY GRANDDAUGHTER, SHE IS A CHILD IN NEED OF SERVICES DUE TO A SECOND ABUSE CASE FROM HER MOTHER AND HER FATHER IS AN ABSENT PARENT. I HAVE NO VOICE IN THE INDIANA JUVENILE COURT AND I CAN NOT AFFORD AN ATTORNEY. THIS IS THE SECOND CASE AGAINST THE MOTHER IN LESS THAN 12 MONTHS. BEFORE THE INITIAL CASE IN MAY 2010 I WAS THE PRIMARY CAREGIVER TO MY GRANDDAUGHTER ALTHOUGH HER MOTHER HAD LEGAL CUSTODY. THE SECOND ALLEGATION OF ABUSE CAME JUNE 2011 WHILE MY GRANDDAUGHTER WAS ONLY IN HER MOTHERS CARE AGAIN FOR TWO WEEKS. PLEASE HELP ME! THANK YOU:(

CSO286

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IN

I WANT TO VISIT MY GRANDDAUGHTER, SHE IS A CHILD IN NEED OF SERVICES DUE TO A SECOND ABUSE CASE FROM HER MOTHER AND HER FATHER IS AN ABSENT PARENT. I HAVE NO VOICE IN THE INDIANA JUVENILE COURT AND I CAN NOT AFFORD AN ATTORNEY. THIS IS THE SECOND CASE AGAINST THE MOTHER IN LESS THAN 12 MONTHS. BEFORE THE INITIAL CASE IN MAY 2010 I WAS THE PRIMARY CAREGIVER TO MY GRANDDAUGHTER ALTHOUGH HER MOTHER HAD LEGAL CUSTODY. THE SECOND ALLEGATION OF ABUSE CAME JUNE 2011 WHILE MY GRANDDAUGHTER WAS ONLY IN HER MOTHERS CARE AGAIN FOR TWO WEEKS. PLEASE HELP ME! THANK YOU:(
What is the nature of the abuse?
What are you hoping to accomplish?

agranny

Where can i get third party grandparents visitation motion forms for indiana court. Thank you. God bless+

ecmst12

I don't think that's what you need even if you had standing to file a visitation suit (unclear). If the children have been removed by CPS, you need to be working with CPS to be considered for kinship placement. If they have not, then you need to maintain your relationship with mom if you want to see the children. The goal of CPS is always going to be reuinification right up until the last stages of the process - the parents will be given many, many chances to get their kids back.

Remember, the process is not about YOU, it's about the child.

Oh and if you can't afford a lawyer you will NEVER win a GPV suit.

Proserpina

Where do i get indiana third party grandparents visitation forms. Thank you. God bless.

I don't think you're understanding what the previous posters are trying to tell you.

CPS are involved - if you want any kind of court-ordered visitation, you're going to NEED an attorney.

CSO286

Where do i get indiana third party grandparents visitation forms. Thank you. God bless.
And, in most states, there are no publicly available forms to file pro se, due to the extremely complicated nature of such an action.

You need a lawyer if that is the road you wish to travel.
Be prepared, should you lose in this endeavor, to never see your grandchildren again. You will almost certainly make an enemy of your child in the process.

Hot Topic

And please don't post in all capital letters. It's considered rude. If you believe that people with a problem with their eyesight are "helped" by the capital letters, you're wrong. And if your post is all in capital letters because you think it's the most important post on the forums, you're wrong again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">