• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

West Virginia Grandparents rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

queenofshoppers

:confused: What is the name of your state?West Virginia
Do grandparents have any visitation rights under West Virginia Law? My son and his fiance' have called it quits. ( for the time being) However, they have 1 child ( which my son is paying court ordered child support, paying for her health insurance and 50% custody) and she is pregnant again, She will not return anyones phone calls. So I wnat to know if I can petition the court so that they can set up regular visits with my grand daughter and future grandbaby? Thanks

Zephyr

queenofshoppers said:
Do grandparents have any visitation rights under West Virginia Law? My son and his fiance' have called it quits. ( for the time being) However, they have 1 child ( which my son is paying court ordered child support, paying for her health insurance and 50% custody) and she is pregnant again, She will not return anyones phone calls. So I wnat to know if I can petition the court so that they can set up regular visits with my grand daughter and future grandbaby? Thanks
you shoudl be seeing the child while your son has the child, not taking time from the other parent

LdiJ

Zephyr said:
you shoudl be seeing the child while your son has the child, not taking time from the other parent
In other words...your son is the one who needs to be getting court ordered rights, and you need to be seeing the child(ren) on his time.

Zephyr

queenofshoppers said:

I took this to mean he had the child 1/2 of the time, maybe she meant just legal though

Nocgirl

You likely have no rights here. you do not get visitation just because they broke up. It is up to your son to establish his rights and visitation and you can see the child when your son has visitation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">