• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What Can We Do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida I have a daughter she is 22 years old and she has 2 children. 3 year old boy and 11 month old girl. My grandchildren. Their father is still in the picture but not working and in the past 4 years he has spent a year in jail and not held a job for more than 6 months. The 4 of them jump from one family member to another family member on his side of the family. They enable the two of them to not work they are on state assistance via EBT and WIC. I recently discovered that he has a posession of cocaine charge pending and they are living in a very small duplex with a total of 12 people and 2 dogs in it. The entire living room is bed. The 3 year old dosent know what to call where he is staying now.... not home..... I don't think that is in his vocabulary. I have offered to have my daughter and the kids stay with me but I cannot take the boyfriend and have him in my house playing video games and watching tv and sleeping while i am out working my butt off. She chooses to stay in those deplorable conditions. I dont know why, My concern is the kids...... What can I do to help these kids. I feel my daughter and her significant other have made their beds and they must lay in it. The kids are inocent and unsecure in their lives and need stability. I am not even sure if they are up to date on their shots.
Please any suggestions will help.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida I have a daughter she is 22 years old and she has 2 children. 3 year old boy and 11 month old girl. My grandchildren. Their father is still in the picture but not working and in the past 4 years he has spent a year in jail and not held a job for more than 6 months. The 4 of them jump from one family member to another family member on his side of the family. They enable the two of them to not work they are on state assistance via EBT and WIC. I recently discovered that he has a posession of cocaine charge pending and they are living in a very small duplex with a total of 12 people and 2 dogs in it. The entire living room is bed. The 3 year old dosent know what to call where he is staying now.... not home..... I don't think that is in his vocabulary. I have offered to have my daughter and the kids stay with me but I cannot take the boyfriend and have him in my house playing video games and watching tv and sleeping while i am out working my butt off. She chooses to stay in those deplorable conditions. I dont know why, My concern is the kids...... What can I do to help these kids. I feel my daughter and her significant other have made their beds and they must lay in it. The kids are inocent and unsecure in their lives and need stability. I am not even sure if they are up to date on their shots.
Please any suggestions will help.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Play nice with mom or call CSB. If you call CPS, be aware that if mom finds out she will most likely cut you completely out of their lives.

RRevak

Understanding a bit about gp rights here in sunny fl, let me further explain what OG is trying to say. FL is not a gp friendly state in any way shape or form. That means you have no rights to petition for custody, visitation, or gaurdianship etc. of your daughters children. The best you can hope to do is ask for her to let you help her out if she needs it. Ask if she'll let you take them to get their vaccinations, help buy some groceries if you think they aren't getting proper nutrition. Ask if she'll let you help out to clean up around the house if you feel conditions are that deplorable. But in NO way can you do anything else really except contact child services as OG suggested if you feel there is no other way and the children really are in jeopardy. But know that if that's a decision you choose to go with, and CPS finds the children aren't in imminent danger, you could lose any and all access to them forever. Is that something you're ready to live with...

Thank you for the advise. I thought so...... I have depleted my funds to continue helping her as she is living in a home with 11 other people and a couple of animals. (living area less than 1000 square feet) there are 3 kids under the age of 4, 2 kids under 16, and 7 adults. actually 4 families so any help i extend to her at this point will not go to her and the kids it will be going to 9 additional people. One other point I was thinking of is if DCF were to be called I am in another county from her. I am actually 120 miles from her. His family is large and all in the same county that she lives in. I think that will be a problem too. She did say she would write and sign a paper saying if anything were to happen to her and the fiance' that the kids are to come to me because she does not like any of them and they do not like her. (It blows my mind)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">