• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what is the process of getting joint custody of my grandson

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Katrina Ruiz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? arizona

My daughter and grandson lives with me and she wants to move out with her fiance. My grandson is currently enrolled in school and is in a stable environment. My daughter wants to give me joint or tempory custody of him so that I can put him on my health insurance thru my employer and also to be able to leave him in his school.

I need to know what the process is in Maricopa County Arizona is to get this done as soon as possible. My grandson currently has no medical insurance and I need this done as soon as possible.

I have printed paperwork that is suppose to be filed but I dont understand it and i dont know which ones need to be filled out.

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? arizona

My daughter and grandson lives with me and she wants to move out with her fiance. My grandson is currently enrolled in school and is in a stable environment. My daughter wants to give me joint or tempory custody of him so that I can put him on my health insurance thru my employer and also to be able to leave him in his school.

I need to know what the process is in Maricopa County Arizona is to get this done as soon as possible. My grandson currently has no medical insurance and I need this done as soon as possible.

I have printed paperwork that is suppose to be filed but I dont understand it and i dont know which ones need to be filled out.

1. Is the child's father in agreement?

2. Is the child actually moving with Mom or will he be living with you?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I'm sorry, but I would not advise your daughter to do this. If you spend some time reading this board, you will understand why. Too many times, this ends up in a custodial struggle between parent & grandparent. I know, I know.... YOU would never interfere in that manner, but I would never suggest this course of action. Never.

I would suggest that you instead help Mom provide insurance, etc. instead. Leave her to be her child's parent. Even if that means the child moves with her and changes schools.

mistoffolees

I'm sorry, but I would not advise your daughter to do this. If you spend some time reading this board, you will understand why. Too many times, this ends up in a custodial struggle between parent & grandparent. I know, I know.... YOU would never interfere in that manner, but I would never suggest this course of action. Never.

I would suggest that you instead help Mom provide insurance, etc. instead. Leave her to be her child's parent. Even if that means the child moves with her and changes schools.
I agree completely.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">