• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

31 days to make a "change in status" and 17 of these days they were closed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chaley

I am a teacher in Texas. My school district will not let me out of my insurance.

My husband started a new job on November 29 (his insurance started that same day). He put our whole family on his insurance (much less expensive). I was off for Christmas break and upon returning to work, was told I had missed my 31 days to make a "change in status". My argument... The district was closed from Dec. 16 - Jan. 1. They argue that if I had contacted them during this time, I would have been alright. I knew they were closed and did not contact them b/c I knew no one available!

I have made complaints and met w/ an unbiased attorney and continue to be told "no". However,the next level is the school board. I don't want to waste my time but really need the money. It's over $600 a month. My only option is to resign or become legally separated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">