• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

AFLAC after termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Clever

What is the name of your state? Indiana

my former employer is denying my (aflac) cafeteria plan claims for insurance deductable and co-pay expenses which occured in Jan '05 but were not filed for until after I was laid off. I requested $2400 in deductions for 2005 and actually paid in $200, but my wife and I both required medical attention in Jan '05 and have over $1000 in med deductions and expenses. The company has already paid more than the $200 I paid in, can they refuse to cover the balance?

Beth3

Are you sure you're talking about AFLAC insurance? Might you be actually referring to your FSA (Flexible Spending Account) or a similar "deferred compensation" medical reimbursement account such as an HSA or HRA?

Clever

AFLAC after Termination

Beth, you are correct, it is a Flexible Spending Account and not AFLAC. Any suggestions or information is appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">