• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being billed nearly 2 years later?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

albertduck

I am in Oklahoma.

I had to have physical rehab in 2003-2004 before and after knee surgery. I asked before I started if it would be covered under my ins. plan. I was told twice by the rehab ctr and once by my ins. provider that yes, it would all be covered. So, I kept going, paying my $5 per appt deductible. Then, a couple of weeks after I quit going, I get a call. "Oops, we were wrong. It's not covered by your ins. so you owe us a a bunch of $$." Um, no. I'm not paying, I was told I wouldn't have to several times. "Oh... blahblahblah, okay. It was our mistake, we will write it off, very sorry for the trouble." (It was more involved than that, of course.)

So, then a couple of weeks ago, I get a bill from them for $610. The last time I was there was around aug 2004. I called and talked to her about it, told the new lady at the rehab ctr my *story* and she said she'd call me back. Said she'd talked to her boss and somehow or another I agreed to pay just $100 at $5/month. Well, this got me ticked, thinking about it. I don't think they can legally bill me this long after the fact, can they? I just got another bill for the full $610 from them and I am really annoyed. I don't have the $ to pay for something from 2 years ago. I was told that they had discovered my unpaid balance during an audit this year, so they rebilled me. It's a dif. person than was in the dept 3 years ago. That person told me not to worry about it, she would write it off because it was not my fault.

Anyway, a friend said her mom had this happen to her and there was some law she pointed out that said it's illegal to bill after x amount of time and she got out of it. I suck at googling and I'm not sure how to find out this information. Any help???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">