• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

blue cross blue shield subrogation questionaire not returned

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

macarong

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA

I have a HMO health care plan at work.

my son (over 18) is coverred under my policy.
He got a car accident more than a year ago.
It costed the insurance more than two hundreds thousand dollar and left him temporary disability for 8 months with many scars.
At the beginning, I received the form which has an online version here https://www31.anthem.com/jsp/subrogation/Submit.do

I did not submit and considered it is optional.

The case was close for more than 6 months and medical treatment were all done. I had to pay 2500 deductible for the health insurance and more.
medical reimbursement about 10000 was paid in advance to my son to pay for medical service, but I later redirected to HMO.
Now I got the subrogation questionaire letter again.

My question are:
1- What happen if I submit the letter? Will the HMO get all $10000 back? My son loss in health and school ( 1 year at home) more than that.
2- What happen if I ignore since the letter send to me but my son is over 18. I can't sign and return. He doesn't want to sign it.

* He doesn't want to have anything related to the accident (forget it).

Thanks,
McR

ecmst12

You need to complete the questionaire or they could be coming after you for everything that was paid. If all he got from the other party's insurance was $10k and all that was sent to the health insurance then you have nothing to worry about.

macarong

Thanks,

He has lost his health, tuition for one semester.
He has paid for all kind of medical treatment and going to pay more.
Can he use part of that money for treatment including $2500 deductible?

What do you mean "go after him"?

What will happen if he has no money now?

Thank again,

ecmst12

He doesn't get to keep any money until his insurance company has been reimbursed. He MAY be allowed to keep the money reimbursing his deductible, but no more until his insurance company has been made whole. Why did he get such a small settlement?

macarong

Why did he get such a small settlement?
Thanks ecmst12,
I don't get your above question.

For a peace of mind, I may prepare the letter and return all required document.
What it is is what it is.
Hopefully, the HMO insurance will spare him about 1/3 of the money for paid medication, deductible and further treatment.

It should be fair that way don't you think?

again thank you very much.

McR

ecmst12

If his medical bills were over $200k, then why did he only get $10k from the auto insurance? Was the accident his fault?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Thanks ecmst12,
I don't get your above question.

For a peace of mind, I may prepare the letter and return all required document.
What it is is what it is.
Hopefully, the HMO insurance will spare him about 1/3 of the money for paid medication, deductible and further treatment.

It should be fair that way don't you think?

again thank you very much.

McR
Why do you think the medical insurance company shouldn't be reimbursed if your son is compensated for injuries from a different policy?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">