• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

COBRA Insurance provider changed - no notice given

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stonerron

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Minnesota. My ex-employer cancelled BCBS insurance effective 7-31. I was given no notice and no option to choose another plan to avoid lapse in service. I had surgery on 8-3 thinking I was covered. I only discovered the problem when the pharmacy told me the insurance card was not valid. I have been working since trying to get this resolved. As of today, 8-13, no new insurance and the only insurance they say I can get in Minnesota (I was the only MN employee) is $ 500 more per month that the "standard" policy for the remainder of the company. My premium will jump to $ 1500 per month. Because of the surgery I had on 8-3, I have no choice but take some coverage. BCBS would have converted me to an individual policy for less has I done so prior to 7-31 when the company cancelled. Now they will not do that. So by not getting ANY notice, I lost all my options and have effectively been without health insurance since 7-31. The company in based in Philadelphia and incorporated in Delaware. One final note, prescriptions that have now run out, that I should be taking daily, I can't get filled because of this. Any advice is appreciated. :mad:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">