• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dental No Show Policy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

candi4687

Kentucky,
I am currently covered under Kentucky Medicaid and having dental problems. Back in late October or early November I had a tooth break off. I had just got the dental coverage a month or so before hand so I called the only dental place in town that will accept my insurance and made an appointment. My fiance is in the army and since we are not married yet he could not take off work to watch my kids so I had to take them to the appointment with me. Without prior notice that my children were not allowed in the room with me while being seen they refused to see me that day. I had went to the office but had to cancel my appointment due to the presence of my children there. I still deal with the pain of this and recently noticed that one of my wisdom teeth have grown in but has broken off at the gum line. I called the dentist office back up to try and reschedule an appointment since I have found someone to watch my children. They refused to even set me up an appointment now stating that I have a no show applied to my account. Their no sho policy is $50 and they will not do ANYTHING to help me until this is paid. Pain is almost unbearable is there ANYTHING I can do to get some type of help?!?!?!?!??!
I understand that they have their policies but due to the circumstances I can't help it that I don't have the $50 at this moment. Am I just supposed to suffer because they are so money hungry?
BY THE WAY: Why is it that you can have children in the room with your legs open to get a pelvic exam as long as they can not see anything but it is wrong to have them in the same room with my mouth open?
:confused:

purple2

candi4687 said:
BY THE WAY: Why is it that you can have children in the room with your legs open to get a pelvic exam as long as they can not see anything but it is wrong to have them in the same room with my mouth open?
Not commenting on the rest, but to answer your question posted above, providers can make whatever rules they feel appropriate in order to maintain a safe environment in their own practices. What a gyn does in her practice does has no bearing on what a dentist does in hers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">