• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does California Medi-Cal cover speech therapy for a child with a disability?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Yappit

What is the name of your state? California

My child is about to be put on Medi-Cal due to her Regional Center diagnosis of Mild Autism with severe speech delay. She does not receive speech therapy at public school, as we had to withdraw from the public school system to do another program. The school discontinued the speech services and would not continue ther services, obviously because we left the school system. Does Medi-Cal cover speech therapy sessions or only restorative speech such as a speech problem as a result of a trauma or injury? Please help!

rmet4nzkx

Sierraqueen said:
What is the name of your state? California

My child is about to be put on Medi-Cal due to her Regional Center diagnosis of Mild Autism with severe speech delay. She does not receive speech therapy at public school, as we had to withdraw from the public school system to do another program. The school discontinued the speech services and would not continue ther services, obviously because we left the school system. Does Medi-Cal cover speech therapy sessions or only restorative speech such as a speech problem as a result of a trauma or injury? Please help!
Please keep to one thread.

Changing your question a little bit won't get you what you want to hear. Keep your child in school where they get speech therapy. You are making the problem worse. The way you are so scattered here, you should not be teaching your child in home schooling, they need all the services available to them by trained providers and educators.

Y

ylen13

here is california medical contact page. You can contact them and ask them.link

rmet4nzkx

ylen13 said:
here is california medical contact page. You can contact them and ask them.link
Please read her other posts before giving advice, she is planning on lying in the next IEP, we cannot encourage her.

Y

ylen13

rmet4nzkx said:
Please read her other posts before giving advice, she is planning on lying in the next IEP, we cannot encourage her.
i read her other post, i am just answering her question, its up to her to decide if it's worth to break the law or not.

Yappit

Not breaking any laws! Give me a break!

Obviously Met4xnk whatever she or he is has not read my latest response to him in a thread. She completely misunderstood my intentions about trying to help my child with a disability. I will even have an attorney with me at the IEP as well as an advocate, so obviously nothing weird is going on. There is no deception going on whatsoever. No one not in my position has the right to be rude and insulting to a mother trying to help her child. I will never never talk about my child on the internet again if Met4xnk is the type of person answering questions on FreeAdvice.com. I thank you for the medical link and realize that Met4nxk may be an attorney, though she never actually admitted in a direct question posted by me whether he/she was or not.

rmet4nzkx

ylen13 said:
i read her other post, i am just answering her question, its up to her to decide if it's worth to break the law or not.
NO, we cannot advise her how to break the law, we can advise her of the law, which I did. It is not in the best interest of her minor disabled child for her to break the law, that is child abuse. We cannot advise her how to abuse her child or to condone it.

rmet4nzkx

Sierraqueen said:
Obviously Met4xnk whatever she or he is has not read my latest response to him in a thread. She completely misunderstood my intentions about trying to help my child with a disability. I will even have an attorney with me at the IEP as well as an advocate, so obviously nothing weird is going on. There is no deception going on whatsoever. No one not in my position has the right to be rude and insulting to a mother trying to help her child. I will never never talk about my child on the internet again if Met4xnk is the type of person answering questions on FreeAdvice.com. I thank you for the medical link and realize that Met4nxk may be an attorney, though she never actually admitted in a direct question posted by me whether he/she was or not.
Your intent to lie and be deceptive in the IEP meeting was clear, and that you seem to think that you are going to get way with it suggests that you have little grasp of he situation or how that will affect your child clinically.

What are your motives? Why do you feel the need to take your child out of school where they can be educated by qualified persons and give up the speech therapy they so despirately need?

Well it goes this way. For some reason, you feel disrespected by the school district. All school district must provide a home schooling option. All school districts must provide special education and speech therapy to qualified students. However with a DD child protected by state law and also a client of the regional center things get more complecated. This is not the case of another school district having a superior program, it is the case of you depriving your child of an education by a qualified teacher.

You are not qualified to teach your child, that is why your school district won't allow you to home school your child. While you may be able to withdraw your child from school, another school district isn't going to take them as a student and allow you to home school your child either without you lying about their DD status and your address. That is why you don't want to tell your school board where you are enrolling your child and why your child will lose the speech therapy that they need for their speech delay. Trying to trick them or lying to them in the IEP meeting is both illegal and child abuse.

You have asked several different ways here trying to find someone to assist you in breaking the law so you can futher abuse your child. I won't do it. I advised you of the law and you ignored that hoping I wouldn't see your next question. There is no need to question my credentials, I obviously am familiar with DD populations as I recognized that your child was a client of the regional center before you admitted it. Fact is, if you keep it up, you will lose custody of your child and they will be placed somewhere where they will receive appropriate schooling.

Please go to the IEP and be honest. Work with everyone for your child's best interest. Having a DD child is overwhelming, you need all the help you can get. Lying and trying to manipulate the very system designed to help your child is counter productive.

Y

ylen13

rmet4nzkx said:
NO, we cannot advise her how to break the law, we can advise her of the law, which I did. It is not in the best interest of her minor disabled child for her to break the law, that is child abuse. We cannot advise her how to abuse her child or to condone it.
Are you a child advocate or something as it seems it’s your opinion that it’s against the law. If she will have a lawyer present with her then there is nothing wrong with what she is doing even if you feel what she is doing is wrong.

rmet4nzkx

Her story is constantly changing.
She has explicitedly asked questions about not telling the truth at the IEP meeting and then how to force the school district and or Medi-cal to provide the services that are denied because she is unqualified to teach her child and is planning on removing her child. She posts the questions over and over again and when caught as she was earlier this morning, changed her name from "Sierraqueen" to "Yappit" which you can see on this thread as if that is going to erase her deception.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">