• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dr.'s office keeps billing the wrong ins co.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? IN

I went to see my doctor in Jan 2003, July 2003, & Dec 2003. During the July visit I was informed that my insurance co denied my last visit. They said I didn't have coverage with them. I told the receptionist there must be some kind of mistake and she called the insurance co while I was standing there and they told her that the Dr.'s office had billed it wrong and they needed to re-submit it. I didn't hear anything else about it until I went in for the Dec visit when I was again told I had a balance. I told them again what was said during my last visit, they said they'd call the insurance co and take care of it. Jan 2004 we switched insurance companies. Now the doc's office keeps sending me bills and calling me saying the Jan & Dec visits have been denied (the July visit was paid by the ins co) I keep getting EOB's from my current insurance co with denied claims for the 2003 visits! They are now trying to bill my current insurance co for those visits. I received another phone call today from the Doc's office asking me to set up a payment plan to take care of the balance. There is no reason why my visits shouldn't have been covered by my old policy other than they keep billing the insurance incorrectly. Am I going to end up responsible for this bill when it is obviously their own incompetence?

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Get copies of the bills and mail them YOURSELF to the correct insurance company. And do it soon, before any limitations apply (some insurance plans won't pay any bills that are x months old or more).

I was called again today and she told me that they had the group name mixed up and that she thinks she has everything straightened out now. Says whatever the insurance co won't cover they will write off. Hopefully that's the end of it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">