• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

EOB letter that doesn't make sense. Idenity Theft?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cpec2008

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

Today I received an Explanation of Benefits letter from my "former" health insurance carrier. I am not even a member with that carrier anymore because I have left my former job and that ended my policy back then early this year. However, the EOB letter says that a medical office has submitted a claim using my insurance info which is not even valid anymore because they apparently treated someone who provided my former insurance info. I am going to call the medical office tomorrow, but what do you think?

What do you suggest I do with this medical office and my former insurance carrier? What law enforcement agency would be interested in helping?

Based on EOB, the service was rendered in Aug 2008, and I've never been a patient at their office.

I am concerned this may be an identity theft case....

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I think you should talk to the medical office and the insurance company.
THEN you can ask questions here...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">