• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

health insurance cancellation (retro active)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

snaysofnbalt

I live in Michigan. Early in January I reported for work after two months of work-injury disability leave. I was no longer needed and by mutual agreement left the company for another position. On that day my Family Health insurance was cancelled (retroactvely) effective November 8,2004, the date of my work injury. Is this legal? Is the company liable to cover my insurance throughout my recovery period?

Thanks for your time and assistance

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You've asked this same question in your workers comp thread. Please don't duplicate questions - it makes it confusing to have the same question going in two different places. Some information could come out in one thread but not another which causes different responders to have different information. It also violates the laws of this site. I'm not yelling at you - just letting you know.

Beth is more knowledgeable about workers comp situations than I so I will let her answer the question in your other thread.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">