• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Health Insurance cancelled due to "late" payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vdavi

What is the name of your state? NJ
I am currently on long term disability. I received a bill directly from my insurance comapny on 6/22/05 requesting payment be received by 7/1/05. The date of the statement was 6/10/05. I called the benefits center and spoke with a womany on 6/24/05. I told her that the statment was not sent out on 6/10/05 and she agreed and stated it was sent around 6/15/05. I told her I would be mailing the payment within the next few days but was unsure if it would reach them on time. I asked if it would be and issue and was told no. I went to the doctor yesterday 7/20/05 and recieved a call from the dr. today that my coverage was terminted. I called the benefits line and spoke with the same woman who remebered me and said it could probably be reinstated, but was not sure. Is it possible for them to terminate my insurance for not paying promptly, when I was only given about 1 week to pay the bill? Also, does it make a difference that I spoke with a rep and was given the ok? Please help

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Does your premium payment come regularly every month? Do you know that the payment is going to be due on the first of the month every month? Or was this month different for some reason (recent change in carrier or something like that)?

vdavi

Insurance cancelled

This the first time that I am making a payment. The first two billing notices were incorrect (they were billing me while I was on short term disability and they were not supposed to). I tried to correct it the first time they sent the bill, but they still billed me again. Finally the third notice was the acutal amount I was supposed to pay and I paid it on time. However they say they did not recieve it until about two weeks after I sent it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">