• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hipaa violation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TinkerBelleLuvr

bring your proof in. If you have copies showing of medical records where the step mother has portrayed herself as mother, then bring it in. You may have to subpeona (sic) the office manager on the information.

kristyza@hotmai

Tinkerbell

Thanks, I will bring in the copies to my lawyer, because the doctors office has written down information such as "informed the mother of this... informed the mother of that... Mother is aware..." That DEFINITELY WAS NOT ME! I just wish something can be done quicker about this.

justalayman

Thanks, I will bring in the copies to my lawyer, because the doctors office has written down information such as "informed the mother of this... informed the mother of that... Mother is aware..." That DEFINITELY WAS NOT ME! I just wish something can be done quicker about this.

but that is not proof, or even actual support that she has portrayed herself as the mother. It was the perception of the doctors office personnel. They could easily make that mistake without any comment from the step-mother.

If your ex introduced the woman as his wife, I would not be surprised they personnel made their own conclusion that she was the child's mother.

kristyza@hotmai

so to find out if she has "signed" any related documents under the guardian line, or Mother line, then that would be proof, that would have to be disclosed by a subpoena ? correct? If indeed she has done this, I want to make sure it ends. How many of you out there though think the judge will not like this that much?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
so to find out if she has "signed" any related documents under the guardian line, or Mother line, then that would be proof, that would have to be disclosed by a subpoena ? correct? If indeed she has done this, I want to make sure it ends. How many of you out there though think the judge will not like this that much?
The "guardian" line could, in fact, be the appropriate place for her to sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">