• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

If medical provider lied about medical cost assessment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

myfrienddith

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

I underwent about 25 sessions of physical therapies. At my reluctance to completed all the allowed 25 session under my insurance policy, the provider said that it's 77 dollars per session and my responsibility is $7.7 per session.

However, at the end of the 25 session, the provider has sent me a bill for the amount a little over $1000 which is AFTER the insurance coverage.

What can I do? Is there any consumer protection or any possible legal remedies? Do these medical providers have conscience or just blood thirty for money for their survival?

Thanks!

ecmst12

You need to get him to explain the difference between the estimate and what he is billing you. Perhaps you misunderstood and he meant $77 per modality (average treatment includes 3-4 modalities per visit) instead of per visit.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I'm also curious as to why you immediately jump to the conclusion that he lied. I can think of at least three other possibilities:

1.) He misunderstood your question
2.) You misunderstood his answer
3.) He was mistaken about how your insurance worked or what they would pay.

ecmst12

There may have also been some services not covered by the insurance company, which he might not have been able to predict.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">