• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance terminated using fake divorce papers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sporke13

What is the name of your state? NJ

I have been terminated from my health insurance (which was thru my husbands union) without warning or cobra information. I was removed by a local union because my husband faked divorce papers. The health plan manager at the union knows we are still married and that the divorce paper is a fake but still will not return my coverage. I was wondering if I can do something about this.

We live in NJ but the union is in PA. Is there any kind of law that says the insurance companies or employer can not terminated married couples insurance unless they are divorced. i HAVE A MEDICAL CONDITION THAT NEEDS DAILY MEDication, my husband did this to try and make me sick or even kill me there has to be some way to get me something on the insurqance is what i want or for him to pay cobra - i really can not believe that the benefits administrator at the union can keep me of the insurance if it is there policy that you have to be di\vorced to be kicked of the insurance but she is ignoring that fact. He faked divorce papers that has to be illegal, can I have him arrested?

JETX

sporke13 said:
I have been terminated from my health insurance (which was thru my husbands union) without warning or cobra information. I was removed by a local union because my husband faked divorce papers.
Clearly, there is more to this than is being told. Why would your husband do this?

The other 'weird' thing here is.... there isn't a requirement for any divorce papers, fake or not, for someone to change their health insurance coverage.

The health plan manager at the union knows we are still married and that the divorce paper is a fake but still will not return my coverage. I was wondering if I can do something about this.
Other than to bitch-slap your husband for his unbelievable action, regretably, no. There is no statutory requirement for a spouse (or any family member) to carry other family on his insurance policy.

He faked divorce papers that has to be illegal, can I have him arrested?
Nope. There is nothing wrong with a person faking divorce papers.... as long he/she doesn't then use them in any 'official' form (like filing with the court).

sporke13

He is an idiot and wants to get me because he is just a loser. He used an offical court document with judges signatures and all to terminate my health insurance thats not fraud he is faking court documents to get what he wants I dont think that is OK to do. He also signed our joint tax return He signed my name, that is not legal I will get him for that if nothing else. he signed my name and took the money.

The union he belongs to requires divorce papers to terminate a spouse on there health insurance. There is a reason they require this, otherwise they would not there must be a reason I need to know why. He used a court document fraudulently that can not be legal. It has my name and xocial security number on it there must be some recourse

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Duplicate post. I asked you several specific questions on the other posting, and the answers are 100% required before I can give you any information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">