• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"Life Flight" Bill

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gbnd4

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I am currently serving in Saudi Arabia as a DOD civilian.
On May 18, 2008 my wife, who lives in Warner Robins, Georgia suffered a ruptured brain aneurysm.

By the time the red cross reached me, she had already been placed on a "life Flight" and flown to the Atlanta Med Center, which is a level II trauma center.

This was ordered by the Houston Med center in Warner Robins because it is not a trauma center, able to handle such an emergency.

My issue is, we were billed $18,000 for the Helicopter flight and Blue cross says they wont pay it.
In a life threatening emergency such as this, why would this not be covered?
Is this something I should pursue legally?

momm2500

why won't blue cross cover it? what is the reason? have you read your benefit plan booklet to see if it indicates coverage for this or not? you should persue the appeal process through the insurance company first.

ecmst12

You need to call your insurance company and ASK THEM why they didn't cover it. It could be something simple like a billing error from the provider that can be easily corrected.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">