• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Misled on Health Insurance Coverage w/IRS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FPH

Pa. I work for a company (multi-million dollar with public stocks) that told it's employees that they could file for Domestic Partner Health Insurance back in 2003. As of 12/2004 they notified us that they had errored and are taxing us on those benefits and received a revised W2 form on 1/26/05. Because of those errors I will have to pay approx $1000.00 for 2004 and 2003 has yet to be determined. The twist in this is that my Domestic Partner also works for the same company and could have taken a insurance plan on herself and her dependant which we would have done if we were not given bad information. This affects 24 associates for 2004 and 15 for 2003, but only 7 have partners that are eployees of the company. I have contacted an IRS agent and was told that the IRS will accept the revised W2 and that this may be a legal issue. What are my (our) options if this is not corrected?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">