• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My child dropped by Child Health Plus NY

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Leslie02

Hello.
My problem is I was just notified by Child Health Plus in New York that they're dropping my 15-yr-old daughter because I now have a job that provides state-funded insurance. I changed jobs recently; got myself a civil service job in hopes of someday getting my head above water. The job I have now is part time, and I pay half of my insurance. If I were to get on my employer's "family plan," which is what adding just one person would entail, the price would go up exponentially. I don't even make enough to cover that! I don't know how they determined that I am no longer eligible (or my child isn't) for CHP.

Does anyone have suggestions for low-cost insurance 'til I can attain full time work (which I expect to be able to do after a year at my new job)?

Thank you~
Leslie

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Hello.
My problem is I was just notified by Child Health Plus in New York that they're dropping my 15-yr-old daughter because I now have a job that provides state-funded insurance. I changed jobs recently; got myself a civil service job in hopes of someday getting my head above water. The job I have now is part time, and I pay half of my insurance. If I were to get on my employer's "family plan," which is what adding just one person would entail, the price would go up exponentially. I don't even make enough to cover that! I don't know how they determined that I am no longer eligible (or my child isn't) for CHP.

Does anyone have suggestions for low-cost insurance 'til I can attain full time work (which I expect to be able to do after a year at my new job)?

Thank you~
Leslie
Go to healthcare.gov and see what they say.

ecmst12

Contact the medicaid office and see if there is a way to qualify because the cost to add her to your insurance is prohibitive.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">