• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NO HEALTH INSURANCE & EMERCENCY SURGERY

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

errocha

What is the name of your state? CA

HI, ON 12/27/04 (SUNDAY) AT NIGHT I WENT TO RIVERSIDE COUNTY REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER WITH STRONG PAIN ON MY STOMASH. THE DOCTOR DIAGNOSIS WAS APPENDICITIS. ON MONDAY MORNING I HAD A SURGERY TO REMOVE MY APPENDIX.

I LIVE IN RIVERSIDE FORM ABOUT 7 MONTHS AND I'M A FOREIGN STUDENT UNDER F1 VISA BUT I DON'T HAVE ANY KIND OF HEALTH INSURANCE.

ANY ONE CAN HELP ME TO FIND OUT IF I HAVE ANY GOVERNAMENT HELP OR IF I'M ELEGIBLE TO APLLY FOR ANY FINANCIAL HEALP TO REDUCE MY COSTS WITH THIS SURGERY. AT THE HOSPITAL THEY TOLD ME TO APPLY FOR MISP (MEDICALLY INDIGENT SERVICES PROGRAM). THE MISP SAYS I'M NOT ELEGIBLE BECAUSE OF MY STUDENT VISA. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT SHOULD I DO BECAUSE I KNOW THE BILL IS SO EXPENSIVE AND IT WAS AN EMERCENCY SURGERY.

PLEASE, I WAIT FOR ANY ADVICE.
THANKS.

purple2

Start with the hospital's billing office to see if they can recommend a government insurance plan. They will be able to refer you to the correct place. You can also work with them to develop payment arrangements or apply for discounts on your bill.

ellencee

errocha
My intent is not to be rude but if you can afford to be in this country as a student, can you not also afford to pay for medical services that you receive in this country? We would have to pay for medical care received in another country as many of our insurance companies will not pay for medical care received in another country. Fair is fair, is it not?

How about your parents?

Someone is obviously able to pay for you to live in a foreign country. Someone obviously has the money to pay for your surgery and it isn't the taxpayers of California or of the good old USA; we have mega-trillion deficits of our own.

EC

purple2

The hospital's billing office may also be able to refer you to a local bank that would offer you a low-cost loan to pay your medical bills with.

Ellencee makes some good points as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">