• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help MY HUSBAND TOOK ME OFF HIS INSURANCE

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lmiami

What is the name of your state? Florida

Please help I just found out I was taken off my husbands company health insurance. I was never notified it's been a month and a half and I just found out at the doctors office yesterday I had no insurance. We are currently going through a divorce, nothing is finalized. We are living seperately as well.
I called the insurance company ,they referred me to human resources at his company. Human resources said because he cancelled it during open enrollment period not because of an event-divorce, that I am not eligible for cobra. I was never sent any notification of cancellation. Human resources said if the insurance company sent out something saying I wasn't covered it was sent to his address. The insurance company says nothing was sent out because I was not cancelled because of divorce which would prompt a cobra letter. Please help do I have any rights here?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">